Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an Olympic arms 16" 556 chamber, 1/9 twist A2 carry handle with telescoping stock, about 4 years old. I was wondering if anyone had an idea what it is worth. I'm looking to sell it to help fund a better rifle and have no idea what I might be able to get for it. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

Nate

·
Registered
41 Posts
brand new they are about 700, I dont want to be rude but they are on the low end of the ar totem pole. I would go to ar15.com and ask around there.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
$550-$600 provided you can find a buyer Oly has a bad Rep $450 should move it quick to pretty much so anyone. you might be better parting it out alot of times its worth more in pieces than as a whole.

I agree do not post ask around ARFCOM to many people are down on them over there but you can still post it in the EE people are prohibited from thread crapping so even though there are a lot of gun snobs over there there are still alot of enthusiest that bargain shop on the EE also local forums or new papers if your permited to run them in the classifieds. you could also try the firing line or the high road as well as glock talk.

me personally i only every Look at the EE unless im looking for specific information on DIY projects. lots of good information for assembly

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys, yeah I know it's a low end AR, I got it as an entry level rifle when I was 18 and didn't know much about them, now its time to upgrade. I'm thinking about a Stag, Rock River, or a Sabre.

Nate

·
Registered
466 Posts
You might not be able to get out from under it for a cost that you find suitable.

Try this:
Buy an RRA lower (good luck in getting one) and put your upper on it. Then in a few months, get a RRA upper and use the Olympic as a loaner AR.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try this:
Buy an RRA lower (good luck in getting one) and put your upper on it.
I was at a gun show this past weekend and I'll bet I saw 300 RRA lowers for sale at various stages of assembly. All of them new. They were going for around $135-$155 for a stripped lower. I was so tempted to get another one, but I have one complete sitting on a shelf right now waiting on an upper.

I agree with Hardwarz, get the lower and stick your Oly upper on it then swap the upper as you get the chance. Hang on to the Oly, you can never have too many.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts