Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these? Found them in my garage. I don't really remember where they came from.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
That is what that carnival game "shoot the star" with the tommy gun shot. As to them being in a 12 ga.. no idea.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I think they are collectors items. Check to see what the collector value is before you shoot them. I think they are really old ammo. I have never seen shotshells boxed up like those.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I think they are collectors items. Check to see what the collector value is before you shoot them. I think they are really old ammo. I have never seen shotshells boxed up like those.
I have. military grade stuff is.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Chilled shot is just the definition of the pellets. Or more specifically, how they're made. Chilled lead shot is softer and slightly denser than Magnum lead shot. It is better for short-range applications. Coincidentally, usually contains about 2-3% antimony.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Do they still have that game?
I believe so. I remember them loading them up with the brass tubes full of bbs or "chilled shot" I loved that game sh nI was a kid but I could never completely shoot out the entire star! I also wanted one of those tommy guns real bad. Im glad I couldnt I would have been in jail for sure!.. Now they came out with these things a few years back.. I want one :D The squirrels would have no chance!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look old. That's for sure.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh well maybe someone here does. Thanks for the bump, mike.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I believe the "chilled shot" part is where they drop still hot pellets into water to chill or harden the shot, similar to what bullet casters do when they drop fresh bullets out of a mold into a bucket of water... usually with a wet towel or some other baffle to soften the drop so they harden completely before hitting something solid.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe the "chilled shot" part is where they drop still hot pellets into water to chill or harden the shot, similar to what bullet casters do when they drop fresh bullets out of a mold into a bucket of water... usually with a wet towel or some other baffle to soften the drop so they harden completely before hitting something solid.
Thanks, JSG. Some guy told me these were going for $25 a box now. Who knows. I sure don't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts