Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Damn, that's a great looking M44. The stock appears to be in great shape, love them laminated stocks. How much did that beauty set ya back??

-Derek

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
WOW, very nice.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was $150. More then I wanted to spend, but it's in pretty good shape.

The wood is in fantastic condition, which was the main reason I bought it. There's some...thing...on the wood on the left side, that I can't figure out. Looks like burnt food or something...hopefully that will come off because I can't find any other major flaws with it.

Bore is good and clean. Not shiny, but looks respectable. I'm surprised with how short it is, too...it sounds like it's going to be a handful to shoot!

I also picked up some Romy x54, so hopefully I can throw a few rounds through her this weekend.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Kicks like a beast, noisy, lots of flash out of the muzzle, but I love mine! Cheap, accurate, and can eat any ammo it wants.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I always heard HOW BAD THE MOSIN kicks until I bought one.I really see no difference in a Mosin and say a 30-06.A friend of mine has a 300 wheatherby Mag,that has a little kick to it lol.Congrats on the Mosin looks Great.
Kicks like a beast, noisy, lots of flash out of the muzzle, but I love mine! Cheap, accurate, and can eat any ammo it wants.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
A Mosin is on my purchase list....I plan on grabbing one withing the next month or so.

Should I go with the carbine or the long model? Any significant difference between the two?

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
So do these really run that cheep?? What is an avarage price for them... just researched them a little, looks like an awesome gun, rich in history!

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Mosin is on my purchase list....I plan on grabbing one withing the next month or so.

Should I go with the carbine or the long model? Any significant difference between the two?
One's longer then the other ;-)

From what I've gathered, the 91/30 is the "standard" so to say, being the most available, the M38 is just shortened, with no bayo, and the M44 has the bayo...and trust me, it's worth getting the bayonet :mrgreen:

I think there's also a 91/59...which is supposed to be better all around, but more expensive. I think those are 91/30's that have been cut down.

I got this for $150, as were ALL the M44's were priced. The 91/30's were on sale for $80, and the guy working the counter said they go down into the 60's from time to time.

If you get a C&R license you can probably get them even cheaper, and shipped right to your door :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
I see M44's at the gun shows for around 80-110 all the time, I thought about getting another one for my collection. They are fun to shoot and the ammo will last you forever because after a few rounds you don't want to shoot it anymore... :lol: I don't really think it kicks harder but it's that dang metal plate at the end that really gets you....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts