Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the old early m16 furniture and the triangle hanguards fit on the standard 20 inch a2 ar?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
if its a standard A2 it should fit
i know my dad's bushmaster accepted them with no problem

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome i found a whole set online for 20 bucks think im gonna order it.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Post some pics of the retro M-16 look...I've wanted to build one for a while!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Triangle guards will fit, as long as you have a trinagle handguard cap. Here's my half retro/half modern 20" AR:

I think the triangle guards look way better than A2 guards.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can u post a pic of the hanguard cap so i know what i need ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
can u post a pic of the hanguard cap so i know what i need ?
It's the little piece of metal directly behind the front sight base. It's the piece the handguards fit into. If yours is triangle shaped, your GTG. If it's round, (not likely) you'll have to change it out for a triangle shaped one. It's clearly visible in my pics.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im getting a del-ton kit so maybe it will come with it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweeto!

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Bear with me on this, I haven't read the other answers and I haven't built AR's for nearly 20 years now, sooss might be really out of date here.

Yes, you can put old furniture on a new Rifle. Only thing to look out for is the front cap, that stamped sheetmetal gadget between the handguards

And the front sight base. Nearly all the "early" ones were the trianglular type, which means it will accept the old beavertail type handguards.

SOME of the later types were designed ONLY for SOME models of the round handguards and they will NOT accept the beavertail triangular type.

Going out on a limb here, (again, out of date) best quess is, the odds are, (wow, what a disclaimer!) triangular handquards WILL fit your late rifle.

The buckstock issue is no problem. There were/are at least four (4) different lengths of standard rifle buttstocks made. All interchange.

Also I understand now there are NEW various length rifle buttstocks available for use with thick body armor. Good luck. HB of CJ :) :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts