Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I had the day off today and started snooping around on armslist this morning as usual and came across this one. Ive been looking for a older model 10/m&p with a 5" barrel and seen this so I said what the hell, lets contact the guy and see if I could take a look and possibly make a offer. Went great, turns out he lived near by and before you know it after chewing the fat for awhile I was heading home with this old girl. Haven't shot her though, but timing and lockup is gtg and the finish looks fantastic. 6" heavy barrel, 38spl manufactured in 1949 and the cool thing I noticed is the front of the trigger is checkered. I love it.
** Update: Shot a box of Rem 130gr FMJ through her and oh baby, SA is nothing short but great as expected, but on DA this baby really shines with that 6" barrel. Good ol' Colt.**

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Another classic. Know the difference between a police positive and one of their military models? They look pretty damn similar. Seems like .38's saw service with the Navy and airmen

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. I need to get a book on the history of Colt revolvers.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx, im pretty happy it. This old gun is a keeper.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx guys, down the road im try to find a vintage leather holster and belt to go with it.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Sexy!

I never find anything good on armslist as of late.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Quick update. I wanted to add a Tyler T grip but not knowing their currently availability on hand and shipping times, I decided to buy a Pachmayr Grip Adapter from Numrich. They had two sizes available for this model, small and large. Decided to go with the small and got it in the mail earlier today. Total was $14 shipped. Feels good and looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts