Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
I read there were quite a few break-ins in that neighborhood, which I believe is a nice neighborhood. Looks like they made one too many burglary attempts.

Glad the homeowners are OK.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
"Residents in the neighborhood say they've seen an increase in break-ins recently."

Maybe now they'll see a DEcrease...throw that kid a block-party.

I hope all three miscreants were perforated front-to-back...if not, that could mean trouble for the son even in Okie.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Sad. Better then then the homeowner though.
Not to be callous or insensitive but not sure how sad this is. I'm a bit hard-core and believe culling the heard sooner rather than later when behavior warrants it doesn't harm our society. This event speaks to that belief quite well I think.

Certainly the surviving family members are affected and it can't be easy to accept such a loss---my sympathy would go to those survivors who are innocent and such events catch them completely by surprise.

Were it within my ability to supply any and all legal help to the defender if anyone initiates legal action I'd assemble and have at the ready the best defense lawyers money could buy. What galls me most about this BS situation is how the three left once under their own power only to return a second time for more loot. If that alone doesn't make the shooting completely justifiable I'm hard pressed to know what tips the scales in that direction.

The "older" get away driver Elizabeth Rodriguez seems to be the "mastermind" behind it all and by all rights hopefully is charged and convicted in the accessory murder charges already under consideration. Sadly that wouldn't discourage similar stupid actions in the future but again culling the heard and getting such morons off the streets seems prudent.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I bet they didn't think that would happen when they woke the same morning.

Happy dirt napping you P'sOC.

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
Not to be callous or insensitive but not sure how sad this is. I'm a bit hard-core and believe culling the heard sooner rather than later when behavior warrants it doesn't harm our society. This event speaks to that belief quite well I think.

Certainly the surviving family members are affected and it can't be easy to accept such a loss---my sympathy would go to those survivors who are innocent and such events catch them completely by surprise.

Were it within my ability to supply any and all legal help to the defender if anyone initiates legal action I'd assemble and have at the ready the best defense lawyers money could buy. What galls me most about this BS situation is how the three left once under their own power only to return a second time for more loot. If that alone doesn't make the shooting completely justifiable I'm hard pressed to know what tips the scales in that direction.

The "older" get away driver Elizabeth Rodriguez seems to be the "mastermind" behind it all and by all rights hopefully is charged and convicted in the accessory murder charges already under consideration. Sadly that wouldn't discourage similar stupid actions in the future but again culling the heard and getting such morons off the streets seems prudent.
Young people do dumb things, sometimes they do exceptionally dumb things, and sometimes those things result in their deaths. And when that happens I always find it sad, who knows what their lives could have turned out to be, what directions they may have taken, who they may have touched?

I'm not criticizing the shooter, he defended his property and his life and I'm sad for him too that he now has an ordeal to go through not only legally but emotionally.

3 teenagers break into a house and die for their stupid actions? Understandable but very sad.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
What @Snaphook said.

I'm pretty unforgiving when it comes to B&E... you get what you get. But I can't get any satisfaction out of this story beyond the fact that the good guy won.
There's no joy in taking or losing a life, only exhaustion and pain. Those 3 should have known better and their ignorance cost them their lives.
Armed homeowners and citizens are most definitely a deterrent to crime, but only if the perps understand the lethal risk they're taking or care about their own lives being cut short.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Young people do dumb things, sometimes they do exceptionally dumb things, and sometimes those things result in their deaths. And when that happens I always find it sad, who knows what their lives could have turned out to be, what directions they may have taken, who they may have touched?
In a purely philosophical discussion I'd ponder the same things, "what if.......". But if we concentrate on the here and now then this incident is "just one of those things......." were peoples actions decide their fate.

I'm not sure that age of the criminals should be given so much gravity, that their loss will injure the larger "we" either. Perhaps their passing will give other fools thinking of something similar a good enough reason to re-think their plans OR better yet cause them to re-evaluate who they associate with or act in concert with. If so then lives will have been touched in a most positive way---good trade from my POV.

Only problem is we never know do we?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts