Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me there aren't too many members from Oklahoma. It is time to make our presence heard. So I will start the Okie roll. Okgr8outdrs makes 1.

Santa brought me my CCW permit today. Well, actually, my wife intercepted the letter from OSBI instructing me to pick it up from the Sheriff's Office about 10 days ago. She called them and told them of her insidious plan to wrap it up and put it under the tree and they let her come out and pick it up. She's the best.

Also got some 9mm dies for my reloader. Can't wait for it to get warm so I can get set up.

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You had to go to the Sheriff's office for your permit? Since when? Or, do you live in Little Dixie where you've got to pay the Sheriff...twice? :?

I'm on my second renewal and other than the initial finger-printing years ago at the Sheriff's office here in OKC, it's all been by mail.

On another topic, after reading some of the complaints from the guys on either coast, I'm more convinced than ever that Oklahoma and other "fly over" states are superior places to live.

Half a mile inland, California is like western Oklahoma, except for the "politically correct" BS, Feinstein liberals out the ass and enough taxation for four states.

Likewise, New England is akin to eastern Oklahoma, but you Yankees have way the hell too much government doing your thinking for you, and you tolerate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm waiting for my CCW permit...submited aplication last week. How long did you wait for your? Another thing...is there any other gun range in or around OKC? The only one that I know of is H&H.

OK is a great place to live...GO SOONERS

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sonny74 said:
I'm waiting for my CCW permit...submited aplication last week. How long did you wait for your?
Mine got delayed a week because the original photos were blurry. Sheriff's dept holds app for 14 days while doing a preliminary background check. Then OSBI has 90 days to do their part, they told me it is usually a minimum of 60 days. I think OSBI was finished in 75 days. So if you have no delays the maximum time should be 104 days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't consider myself an Okie, but I am living in this great state so I guess I'm an Okie by residence.

Great state. I've been here for a little over two years and no complaints. In California, I can never go into a store 15 minutes before closing and pick up an XD-9....never!

I usually go to H&H. They are nice folks down there, but I hate paying to shoot my guns. I need to find a person that has a lot of property to let some rounds loose on.

Happy New Years!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I be from out east of you guys it seems
++Muskogee++
anybody from up this way? I been looking for a place round here
have to pay and they are in tulsa so no big deal if i can find one closer even if it is $10
a shoot or... i only been here for 2 yrs so i don't know
all the lil hiddie-holes :oops:

ANYWAYs any of you shoot IDPA i would like to start doing that but
Don't know anything bout it ...well a lil bit but seems that you have
a range membership :?: i know the only one with-in hr drive of
here has "maxed" there membership a long time ago (Tulsa Oil Capital) Red rock is just too far for me
to shoot 1-2 times a month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cycklone,
Oil Capital is about 4 miles from me. I have a friend who is a member and he told me they have a few memberships open now. If you have a hunting license there is a range on public hunting land across the highway from the airport in Wagoner.

I was out at Camp Gruber 2 weekends ago hunting hogs. You have to watch a video about unexploded ordinance and get a free permit. Find out what areas are open, locate one of the training sites, be sure of your target and what is behind it and shoot away.

Tulsa Firearms sucks. I have buddies who got into it with the owners because they would not let them pick up their own brass.

That's about all I know of except for Happy Hollow in Sand Springs. Great outdoor range but a long drive.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm in OKC. I practice at H&H Gun Range. I took the CCW Certification Course, but I haven't put in my application at the Sheriff's Office yet, because I found out in the class that it would not authorize me to carry in the course of my work. I need to get off my butt and get my Private Investigator's License for that. Anyone want to shoot with me at H&H just let me know.
:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
OKC here, stationed at Tinker.

I shoot at H&H or at the Lexington WMA range

I love my XD 357 as well as my Garands... all are a blast

Be well

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live by lake T-Bird, took a course at H&H, but I don't like to pay to
shoot, so I've only shot there a few times, a group of guys are planing
a big shoot a Lexington WMA on Sunday 1-23-05, most are from the
AR15.com board, but all are welcome, last shoot we had turned out
well, with a good variaty on firearms on hand and people from all over
the state.

·
Registered
161 Posts
okgr8outdrs said:
Sonny74 said:
I'm waiting for my CCW permit...submited aplication last week. How long did you wait for your?
Mine got delayed a week because the original photos were blurry. Sheriff's dept holds app for 14 days while doing a preliminary background check. Then OSBI has 90 days to do their part, they told me it is usually a minimum of 60 days. I think OSBI was finished in 75 days. So if you have no delays the maximum time should be 104 days.
104 days????? :shock: Man I am glad I dont like in OK anymore for that reason, even though I miss it like crazy. I lived in Moore for 17 years.

When I dropped of my application to the sheriffs office they said it would take about 4 weeks. But it ended up only taking 12 days until I had my CCW permit in my hand. So I guess I cant complain about this stupid state any more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="dbrownusarmy
104 days????? :shock: Man I am glad I dont like in OK anymore for that reason, even though I miss it like crazy. I lived in Moore for 17 years.
[/quote]

Now that there is a republican majority in our state legislature and we have some gun-friendly reps in my district, a friend and I have been compiling research on the cost/application time to obtain a CCW permit compared to all the other states to see if we can get them to make some changes in our laws.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I recently moved to OKC and immediately took the concealed carry class (moved here from Illinois where concealed carry is forbidden for all civilians). It took the full 110 days for me to get my permit, but I picked it up at the S.O. a couple weeks ago. Yes, all permits obtained in OKC must now be picked up in person at the Sheriff's Office.

I, too, shoot at H&H. I paid for the annual membership and it costs 4 bucks per session. It would be nice to have an outdoor range nearby, but having the indoor range available is nice, too. I am going to be a LEO soon and prefer to be able to practice constantly. Four bucks per session is worth having sharp weapons skills. In addition, I like the people who run the place, they are friendly and knowlegable.

Nice to see there are a few Okies hanging around on this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I live in Broken Arrow, OK
I am a member of Oil Capital Gun club and they have IDPA shoots I think on the 4th Saturday of every month and they are open to the public. Usually starts around 9am come on by and play or just to watch and see how things go. here are a couple of contacts for IDPA
Primary Contact Person Name: Rodney Nevins
Home: 918-357-1710
Work:
Mobile:
Fax:
Email: mailto:[email protected]

Second Contact Person

Name: Jack Ostendorf
Home: 918-438-2669
Work: 918-342-0689
Mobile:
Fax: same home