Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one in mind but I'm flying back home to N.C. next month for about two week. I have my 30S and the 27 that I have being toying with which one to take back with me.

The 27 is setup for .357 sig ammo because I have a lone wolf conversion barrel in, it's light I will be taken about 25 rounds with me. As you know that the 30S is a little heavier so at time I might feel it on my side whether the 27 I can almost forget it's their.

So help me to make sense on which one to take? My setup for the 27 I will have a 10+1 in the 27 and a 13 rounder extra mag.

My 30S is a 9+1 or 10+1 mag in the 30S with another 13 round mag on the side, thank you guys for your comments.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is what I was thing also I was going to take the 30S but I figure that the weather was going to be and I wanted to be comfortable driving in the car. The wife and I are also going to go to Myrtle Beach for three of those days. They don't recognize none of my chl that I have in S.C. so I guess that I have to obey the law as much as I can. Lol.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Just be careful in S.C. Do you have an out of state ccw? They are pretty funny about ccw over there.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't which is a bummer but I figure that I will read up on the laws and do that. I should be able to have it loaded in the hotel and take it in the car lock up in the glove box or just put it in the pelican lock up. Do anybody know about the laws there or I guess that I can go to handgunlaws.us and see.

I have WA, OR, and AZ but none of these cover S.C.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Yeah, just double check and be careful. They've busted people out here for it. GA and SC are having a permit pissing contest so both states are pretty hard on carriers. I live about 20 minutes from S.C. So I've heard the horror stories.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
That's really bizarre. Florida permits are honored in SC but not Oregon or Washington.

·
Registered
805 Posts
.357 will not be enough to drop a NC resident... we are all insane moon shine addicts. you will need a G20 or 29 to get by at least.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's really bizarre. Florida permits are honored in SC but not Oregon or Washington.

Yeah, maybe I should about getting a Florida permit then so how hard is it to get one from out of state? I'm retired military if that count.

.357 will not be enough to drop a NC resident... we are all insane moon shine addicts. you will need a G20 or 29 to get by at least.

I would love to bring it but the 29 is my latest and greatest firearm if something happen to it like grow legs and walk away I will not be happy. I drop a good friend of mines when I left the Army the first time in your part of the city I wish I knew if he still living.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, just double check and be careful. They've busted people out here for it. GA and SC are having a permit pissing contest so both states are pretty hard on carriers. I live about 20 minutes from S.C. So I've heard the horror stories.

Thank you for the warning if I can just get by for three days I will be going back to N.C.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, looking at the usacarry.com site it look like that even if I was to get Florida chl S.C still don't recognize non-resident license so I guess that I will go and read up on S.C laws.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Well, looking at the usacarry.com site it look like that even if I was to get Florida chl S.C still don't recognize non-resident license so I guess that I will go and read up on S.C laws.
That's correct. This reciprocity madness can be frustrating. Perhaps sc has "peaceable travel" laws that allow a loaded handgun in a vehicle to residents and non residents like Florida and Texas does.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
That's correct. This reciprocity madness can be frustrating. Perhaps sc has "peaceable travel" laws that allow a loaded handgun in a vehicle to residents and non residents like Florida and Texas does.
It's worth checking on but I doubt it. That state is only reciprocal with the states that have certain training standards for CCW permits, they are sticklers.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It look like I can carry loaded in the glove box , to and from the hotel. I'm good with this but it does suck so it is what it is I will have it in my gloves box and lock it up with cable and locks if I leave for a short time.

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License

Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry it loaded if contained in a closed Glove Box, Console, Trunk or a vehicle without a trunk in the Luggage Area in a container secured with fasteners. Their law is very specific on the only locations where it can be carried.

Section 16-23-10. Definitions. When used in this article:

(1) "Handgun" means any firearm designed to expel a projectile and designed to be fired from the hand, but shall not include any firearm generally recognized or classified as an antique, curiosity, or collector’s item, or any that does not fire fixed cartridges.

(10) "Luggage compartment" means the trunk of a motor vehicle which has a trunk; however, with respect to a motor vehicle which does not have a trunk, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area of the motor vehicle in which the manufacturer designed that luggage be carried or to the area of the motor vehicle in which luggage is customarily carried. In a station wagon, van, hatchback vehicle, truck, or sport utility vehicle, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area behind the rearmost seat.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
It look like I can carry loaded in the glove box , to and from the hotel. I'm good with this but it does suck so it is what it is I will have it in my gloves box and lock it up with cable and locks if I leave for a short time.

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License

Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry it loaded if contained in a closed Glove Box, Console, Trunk or a vehicle without a trunk in the Luggage Area in a container secured with fasteners. Their law is very specific on the only locations where it can be carried.

Section 16-23-10. Definitions. When used in this article:

(1) "Handgun" means any firearm designed to expel a projectile and designed to be fired from the hand, but shall not include any firearm generally recognized or classified as an antique, curiosity, or collector’s item, or any that does not fire fixed cartridges.

(10) "Luggage compartment" means the trunk of a motor vehicle which has a trunk; however, with respect to a motor vehicle which does not have a trunk, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area of the motor vehicle in which the manufacturer designed that luggage be carried or to the area of the motor vehicle in which luggage is customarily carried. In a station wagon, van, hatchback vehicle, truck, or sport utility vehicle, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area behind the rearmost seat.
Very cool! I learned something new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts