• 5-10

• More Then 10

• NONE

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I havent been posting much, so I figured I would start this poll....what the hell hahaha. I just got my 10th tattoo yesterday. Feel free to post pics!

Semper Fi,
Cowboy

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Got one of Casper the Ghost, but ya can't see it. :wink:

·
Registered
768 Posts
tatts are a slippery slope that leads to questionable behavior such as sticking out your toungue at people

j/k :wink:

·
Registered
342 Posts
four...

<---- one of this

two others on my back, one on my foot.

My tattoos tell a brief history of my life so far, and I intend to continue the tradition. One day when I have alzheimers, I might have something with me at all times that can jog me back to a time I am pleased to remember. Plus, I like to decorate my body with jewelry and art and fine clothing and such... used to have 9 piercings (5/4 ears only), but grew tired of them after 10 years and took them out.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
That's an awful picture.

No tats here. Too permenant for me. I'll find other ways to express my self and my individuality.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a dragon on my left arm. In Chinese mythology, dragons are a symbol of power, plus I think this one is really cool. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
None...never will, either. Like smoking and the men wearing earring fad of the 80's...I just didn't see the point.

I guess I am too much of an old fart, but I don't get the tatoo thingy. What is everyone going to do when this fad dies off? When the men wearing earring fad wore off, all that was left was a bunch of people with small holes in their ears, after they got out of college, sobered up and joined the working world...the tatoo thingy will be harder to get rid of.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Tattoos have been around a lot longer. :)

I think a lot of tattoo-ing is ridiculous (This Chinese symbol means "large penis", and it's awesome), but hey, more power to people who want it done.

The only thing I could see ever getting tatoo of would be the latin part of my signature, but that's a little too much verbage. :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If I were EVER going to get a tattoo (which I'm not), it'd definitely be the Quake symbol. :twisted:

Yes, I'm a geek :).

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
too permanent for me.

I had a girlfriend that (when drunk) got a small tattoo on each of her upper arms. She was a college student at the time traveling in Holland.

She spent years dressing around the things (they were really awful.....looked like prison tattoos).

But about 5 or 6 years ago, she came to visit me and had just had them "erased" with laser treatments. What a mess!!!! She had to cover them up while they healed because they could not have sunlight on them. She was pretty bummed. Came to Florida from NY to get a tan and hang out on the beach. Which she couldn't really do comfortably.

After all the pain and expense, the tattoos are still there. They are more faint, but they were pretty faint to start with. They were not detailed or colorful. Just a one color flower (looked like a propeller drawn by a 6 year old) and a one color heart with an arrow going in one side and coming out the other.....except not lined up, so it looked like the arrow was broken inside the heart. Really bad.

I cannot imagine what it's like to try and remove a real multi-color and large tattoo. I would have to assume based on her problems that it's impossible.

I always laugh when I read or hear about people tattooing the names of their lovers, and then they break up. Didn't Angelina Jolie have some Billy Bob Thornton tattoos? (or vice versa)? Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee?

Half the people that get married in America end up divorced. So peopled do change their minds. Hard to un-do a tattoo if you change your mind.

Just my $.02

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
When I was in Hawaii, I was going to hop a space-A flight to Japan to get a half-sleeve from this guy, but apparently he spends months at a time on the international circuit, and when he's home he's all booked up. His assistant said to try to book time with him at a convention, but be prepared to spend 8-12 hours straight getting the work completed. Ouch!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Going through his gallery...

Those are examples of what I consider "stupid" tatoos.

His artwork is amazing, but why anyone would want some huuuuuuuuge skull tattooed on their arm is beyond me. Things like that just say "HEeey! Look at me! Don't I look meaaaaan! GRRR! Like a tiger! GRRRR!!!"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a tattoo of a Celtic trinity on my upper right arm (it remains covered even with shortest of short sleeve shirts). I am planning on getting my family coat of arms on my upper left arm in the same spot, high up that I can wear a t-shirt and have it covered.
I will always be a christian and will always be of my family name, so the two most permanent parts of my life are going to be permanently on my upper arms. Not going to get some tattoo of some girl I have been dating for a few months.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Going through his gallery...

Those are examples of what I consider "stupid" tatoos.

His artwork is amazing, but why anyone would want some huuuuuuuuge skull tattooed on their arm is beyond me. Things like that just say "HEeey! Look at me! Don't I look meaaaaan! GRRR! Like a tiger! GRRRR!!!"
I originally wanted one from him because he's talented and I like his style. I personally wouldn't get a frivolous design just because it looks cool. I'm not down with the whole death-and-destruction look either; it's a bit poseur unless you are an executioner or necromancer or something. :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts

1 - 20 of 66 Posts