Springfield XD Forum banner

OK, what DON'T you like about your XD?

6K views 69 replies 50 participants last post by  03RangerXLT 
#1 ·
We all love our hs/XD models that's for sure. With that said, what don't you like about them?
For me it's the rust paranoia!! I haven't had any signs yet, but I catch myself wping them down all the time. It also seems to me that the finish does scratch a bit easier than some of my more well worn firearms.
Other than that i'm pretty happy.

What about you?

#2 ·
I don't like the fact that mine is broken and I need to get some money together to send it back for warranty repair and now I can't buy my tac light. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#4 ·
I hate the way mine follows me around like a little puppy dog. It goes everywhere I go. I hate the way it eats cheap ammo too. It loves that stuff. And I really hate the way it barks so loud. I have to wear hearing protection it barks so loud. But what I hate the most is it's dependability. It never let's me down. Boy it feels good to get all that hate out of my system. I feel better now.

#9 ·
reach to the trigger is too short--I have big hands, and would like a longer trigger reach. The finish keeps me paranoid, now I'm paranoid about Ranger's locking block problem.

But darned if that thing doesn't go bang every time!

#10 ·
I don't like the fact that mine is broken and I need to get some money together to send it back for warranty repair and now I can't buy my tac light. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Your kidding right.... They will pay for the shipping. Usually they will give you their FEDEX account # to send it in on their coin. OR they will give you a reimbursement check for the ammount it cost you to ship it to them.

#12 ·
one-eyed-fatman said:
I hate the way mine follows me around like a little puppy dog. It goes everywhere I go. I hate the way it eats cheap ammo too. It loves that stuff. And I really hate the way it barks so loud. I have to wear hearing protection it barks so loud. But what I hate the most is it's dependability. It never let's me down. Boy it feels good to get all that hate out of my system. I feel better now.
Yeah, what OEFM said...

#13 ·
DarkTide said:
Your kidding right.... They will pay for the shipping. Usually they will give you their FEDEX account # to send it in on their coin. OR they will give you a reimbursement check for the ammount it cost you to ship it to them.
they said they don't do that anymore. THey will reimberse me. But I don't have the money right now to ship it : (

#15 ·
I don't like the stock finish. I also don't like that you cannot get upgrade parts for the trigger. On that note I don't like that you can no longer get factory replacement parts. But oh well, such is life.

Tim

#24 ·
I returnd a magazine that never "dropped free" for me while the other one would. They gave me their account# to ship it back to them on their coin, and I got a new one. This was a week ago.

Since a firearm costs around oh 50$ to ship Over Night Fedex, they should pay for it if its a factory defect. If they didnt cover shipping at all, then you could be out a 100 bucks for something that came defective from the factory.

Any "decent" firearm company shouldnt have too much of a problem covering shipping for a factory defect.

#26 ·
Up until this point, no complaints here.......

Like many of you, I did my homework on the XD series well before I made the decision to puchase, so I was pretty well informed by the time I got my hands on the 2 I have now. I was completely aware of other owner's experiences with rust, guide rods & springs, etc., and I already knew what type of work I was going to have done, what upgrades I was going to purchase and how much that would all cost me. If I had a problem with any of that, I simply would not have bought one. That being said, I honestly feel I got what I paid for...which was a couple of very nice pistols. Dude, XD's freakin rock :!: :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.