Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love our hs/XD models that's for sure. With that said, what don't you like about them?
For me it's the rust paranoia!! I haven't had any signs yet, but I catch myself wping them down all the time. It also seems to me that the finish does scratch a bit easier than some of my more well worn firearms.
Other than that i'm pretty happy.

What about you?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I don't like the fact that mine is broken and I need to get some money together to send it back for warranty repair and now I can't buy my tac light. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
34 Posts
The surface finish is poor considering the name behind the gun. IMO

No worries though as I had the fore thought to have it Dura-coated the second week after I bought it.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I hate the way mine follows me around like a little puppy dog. It goes everywhere I go. I hate the way it eats cheap ammo too. It loves that stuff. And I really hate the way it barks so loud. I have to wear hearing protection it barks so loud. But what I hate the most is it's dependability. It never let's me down. Boy it feels good to get all that hate out of my system. I feel better now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grail Knight said:
The surface finish is poor considering the name behind the gun. IMO

No worries though as I had the fore thought to have it Dura-coated the second week after I bought it.
That duracoat thing would probably cure my rust paranoia. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
It is so addictive to shoot . Just makes have to load more ammo!!! 8)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't like the shape of the trigger, the plastic rear frame rails, and the Euro triggerguard hook. Don't care for the extractor either. I'd rather have a pivoting external extractor.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
reach to the trigger is too short--I have big hands, and would like a longer trigger reach. The finish keeps me paranoid, now I'm paranoid about Ranger's locking block problem.

But darned if that thing doesn't go bang every time!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't like the fact that mine is broken and I need to get some money together to send it back for warranty repair and now I can't buy my tac light. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Your kidding right.... They will pay for the shipping. Usually they will give you their FEDEX account # to send it in on their coin. OR they will give you a reimbursement check for the ammount it cost you to ship it to them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The finish is poor and requires a lot of mantainence to prevent it from rusting. For the subcompact, the grip should be smaller. I actually compared the height of the subcompact xd to the glock 30 and they're the same height.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
I hate the way mine follows me around like a little puppy dog. It goes everywhere I go. I hate the way it eats cheap ammo too. It loves that stuff. And I really hate the way it barks so loud. I have to wear hearing protection it barks so loud. But what I hate the most is it's dependability. It never let's me down. Boy it feels good to get all that hate out of my system. I feel better now.
Yeah, what OEFM said...

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
DarkTide said:
Your kidding right.... They will pay for the shipping. Usually they will give you their FEDEX account # to send it in on their coin. OR they will give you a reimbursement check for the ammount it cost you to ship it to them.
they said they don't do that anymore. THey will reimberse me. But I don't have the money right now to ship it : (

·
Registered
539 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
Almost the same... mine is at SA for warranty repair now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't like the stock finish. I also don't like that you cannot get upgrade parts for the trigger. On that note I don't like that you can no longer get factory replacement parts. But oh well, such is life.

Tim

·
Registered
4,183 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
sjp2452 said:
reach to the trigger is too short--I have big hands, and would like a longer trigger reach.
+1
Waiting for my grip panels and Hogue from ajames, gonna try to make the grip bigger to help this out...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I do not like it that you cannot get parts and the fact that you have to send it back for warranty at your expense until they reimburse you, if the problem was covered under the warrenty.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts