Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the goals I set for myself this year was to get a 1911 during this centennial year. I was torn between getting something really "practical" such as the new Ruger 1911, or in getting a "traditional" 1911.

In the end, I decided that a classic government model, with polished bluing and walnut grips was what I wanted. Plus.....it really needed to be a COLT.

Recently, I had the opportunity to acquire this Colt "Enhanced" Government Model, which I thought was the perfect way to celebrate the 1911's 100th birthday.

Clearly, such a classic pistol deserves to be wrapped in a beautiful leather holster, such as this one from KC Custom Gunleather.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It's a beaut.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Very nice!

Yep...I'd buy one like that in a minute.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
768 Posts
That's a good lookin' 1911! Congrats

·
Registered
285 Posts
One of the goals I set for myself this year was to get a 1911 during this centennial year. I was torn between getting something really "practical" such as the new Ruger 1911, or in getting a "traditional" 1911.

In the end, I decided that a classic government model, with polished bluing and walnut grips was what I wanted. Plus.....it really needed to be a COLT.

Recently, I had the opportunity to acquire this Colt "Enhanced" Government Model, which I thought was the perfect way to celebrate the 1911's 100th birthday.
Like you I wanted to get a Colt 1911 this year. So yesterday I did it. Would love to have the early A1 like yours but had to settle for this one. It does have nice bluing on the slide with anodized alloy frame.

PS: these are web photo, I have no photos my gun yet.

I do like the "100 Years of service" on the slide.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
GOod looking gun. if those are your pictures, it seems your camera date is off a little.

The EXIF data says they were taken 2-16-2010.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Very nice indeed, should be proud! That one will be an heirloom. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts