Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my gun store of choice here in town today and they had a decent Bushnell T dot scope. You have a choice to use a red T or a green T depending on the amount of ambient light. I just couldent spend the money on a EOTECH, just do not see whats so special for the price. I paid 200 bucks out the door. I have a hard time useing the rear flip up on the Stag 2T. The mag is new also. I plan on making it dull, I am not into shiny mags. Shiny mags will get you shot!!

The scope also has back up sights built on top..dunno how well they will function. Sorry couldent get the rear and front sight on the scope to jump out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice, how does it handle. I saw on Optics plant it was optics of the year in 2008.

will it take a beating? If you take a fall, you think it will take it with you???

·
Registered
744 Posts
nice, how does it handle. I saw on Optics plant it was optics of the year in 2008.

will it take a beating? If you take a fall, you think it will take it with you???
A lot of budget optics will take a beating these days and survive...

The main issue is, all of them use expensive batteries and eat them down in 1 range trip, and can't be left on 24/7 like an aimpoint. Just the cost of batteries in a few years time would have gotten you into something much nicer.

Plus they weigh a lot and are usually massive... Which that one appears so big you can't even co-witness irons with it.

Would have been a lot better off getting a used aimpoint. I can't justify $500 for any red dot, but $350 for an M2 aimpoint in a QRP mount was good enough for me. They usually go pretty cheap on the used market, no idea why more people don't buy them used. They'll outlive you so there shouldn't be any apprehension regarding buying them used.

Having sights on top of that seems a little senseless to me... If it was magnified that's cool, but if it goes down it's a lot better to just co-witness your regular sighted-in irons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts