Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger's little SA gem is calling to me and I am calling on you for your experience with the recent iteration of the Bearcat. Does yours shoot close to the sights, what kind of groups are you getting/how far, etc?

All replies appreciated and yes I have already checked out the excellent Gunblast.com articles on this revolver. Thank you in advance-

·
Registered
567 Posts
I bought a stainless steel Bearcat about seven years ago. My first trip to the range with it I shot at 25 yards off a good rest. The very first five-shot group measured exactly one inch. I have shot enough groups that size since then to know it wasn't a fluke. It puts high-velocity ammo right at the top of the blade at 25 yards. Standard velocity stuff shoots just above the sights at that range...a six o-clock hold on a two inch bullseye will put them all in the X if you do your part. It loves the heavier bullets 38-40 grain, and Winchester Power Points or CCI Velocitors are its hands-down favorites. Jackrabbits are in real danger out to 100 yards with those loads and this wheelgun.

My Bearcat makes the short list of firearms I will never part with. It is light, compact, accurate, and durable...exactly what is needed in a trail gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.