Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd suggest checking your local legislation. I know in LA there is a clause that allows private owners to decide whether or not to allow guns. So in LA your scenario would result in loss of cc. But as far as Ohio they should have some kind of .gov where you can find your states laws. Good hunting!

·
Registered
755 Posts
in ky all they can do is ask you to leave. not a criminal offense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Definitely check your state law and read it well so you know your rights. The last thing you want to do is end up in handcuffs (or worse, getting shot) because you misunderstood the law in your state.
Benelli Nova Tactical 12 gauge pump shotgun

·
Registered
768 Posts
Why would you want to?

Private property rights are no less sacred than your right to carry. As far as I'm concerned if the owner doesn't want me to carry a firearm then I need to decide if I want to disarm or go somewhere else.

·
Registered
343 Posts
^That's always been my position. If it's posted then the owner is obviously not friend of my rights and I'd prefer to take my business elsewhere. There are very few Situations in which you cannot find somewhere else that would have what youre looking for. I don't mind a little extra time of means I can go somewhere more me and XD friendly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From what i understand and that ain't much, lol, the owner can only do a trespass on you. To get things to stick in court they would have to prove that your actions caused damages. So usually what happens here is that you are just asked to leave.

But like above posts, if a business is posted then I'm not welcome there and neither is my money.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
This could happen, you go in to a posted store, clerk sees thaat you have a gun and knows no gun is allowed. He thinks you are up to no good, maybe a robber. He sets off silent alarm and calls the cops. They show up. What are you going to do next.

Note: The Attourney General's Office of every state (any & all) control & post the concealed carry laws. Find your state's web site, visit the attourney generals pages, read the laws for your state. That is the best way to get the TRUE information for your state.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The Attourney General's Office of every state (any & all) control & post the concealed carry laws. Find your state's web site, visit the attourney generals pages, read the laws for your state. That is the best way to get the TRUE information for your state.
^ This!

·
Registered
9,913 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Correct me if I miss the point, but; if we think we have a right to carry (and we do), then doesn't any private property owner have a right to not allow weapons in their business? I can't fault a person one way or the other for exercising their rights.

I certainly wouldn't pass up a tasty burger because the business exercises their rights...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts