Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my chl class on Sunday and passed, not like they make it difficult but 11 hours is a long day! So as of right now in Texas it is taking about 4 months to recieve your chl in the mail. In the meantime I am going to order my Crossbreed and start breaking it in and practicing with it.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the successfully class. 11 hours is a very long day, MO is 8 hours and it felt long. Good call on getting your Supertuck and practice in before your CHL arrives. You want to be ready to go as soon as you are legal. :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm in the same boat and have a Supertuck as well and it works great. It breaks in very easily by just walking around the house with it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
holy christ 11 hours??
my class in florida was 2 hours and you dont even have to qualify or anything just make sure you can rack the slide on a semi auto and make sure you know how to safely heck a firearm to make sure it is not loaded
some woman from jersey took the class for no apparent reason because she wasnt a resident and after the class realized she took the wrong one
although im kinda glad she didnt get a license cause i was sitting next to her and if the gun woulda been loaded she surely woulda shot me in the friggin temple

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats on getting things on its way!

Once you get your holster, make sure to get used to it by wearing and carrying around the house. Then, when your chp arrives, you won't feel as weird carrying out in public.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Good job! sounds like you are heading the right direction. Now its the waiting game!! That part sucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We took ours in August and have been waiting. We got a letter last week stating that it would be delayed further than originally expected due to Ike. Did you get that letter also? My friend took it a week before us called them and he was told 180 days right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats!! My wife and I took ours in May/June, and both have ours. It ran right @ 87 days for each of us. That was Pre-Ike however. Good call on the supertuck. I wear mine every day, all day, and love it. I gotta tell you though, it got MUCH easier to wear when I got a good gun belt to go with it. I got the belt from Crossbreed as well. A good gun belt is a must with the super tuck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We took ours in August and have been waiting. We got a letter last week stating that it would be delayed further than originally expected due to Ike. Did you get that letter also? My friend took it a week before us called them and he was told 180 days right now.
As of right now I haven't received a letter but that could change once they get my packet (sent in on Monday) and start processing everything. I hope it wont take the 180 days but if it does that gives me a little more time for some practice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats!! My wife and I took ours in May/June, and both have ours. It ran right @ 87 days for each of us. That was Pre-Ike however. Good call on the supertuck. I wear mine every day, all day, and love it. I gotta tell you though, it got MUCH easier to wear when I got a good gun belt to go with it. I got the belt from Crossbreed as well. A good gun belt is a must with the super tuck.
What king of clips does your supertuck have? I am still not sure if I want the standard clips or vclips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the congrats, it feels good to be part of the chl family. Now only if the state would hurry up, my xd tired of staying home all day. :D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I took my class on May 21st, Mailed it May 23rd and received my plastic on August 28th.

I bought the J clips, and of course the standard. I have found the standard clips to be work the best for me.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the J clips. The V-clips work really well, though and are useful in some situations. However, I usually stick with the C's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts