Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon removing my holster I found a spot of rust on the slide. Looks like it's time for a gloss black dura coat! 8) I hate knowing that a gun that is about a month old gets rust! I wipe her down with a light coat of oil every other day. What's up with that!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I believe it must be a quality control issue. I and others on this forum have never a problem with rust, while some have constant problems.
It is an issue I hope is addressed and corrected.

·
Registered
250 Posts
RoughNTough said:
Upon removing my holster I found a spot of rust on the slide. Looks like it's time for a gloss black dura coat! 8) I hate knowing that a gun that is about a month old gets rust! I wipe her down with a light coat of oil every other day. What's up with that!!!!
Use some Blue Wonder "Armadillo"... No more rust troubles....

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I was starting to get rust issues after owning the gun for a little over one month. Just last night after my trip to the range I put a coat of blue armadillo on. We'll see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can we PLEASE put the rust issue in its own forum or something? I know its important but it would be really nice to have all the polls/problems/suggestions/solutions in one place.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Can we PLEASE put the rust issue in its own forum or something?
I guess we could, but then the forum might rust :shock:

·
Registered
268 Posts
www.shootiniron.com This guy will do your slide for 37.00. i had mine done and started a thread about the torture i put it through and no sign of rust! i left my slide outside for a week getting it wet every day with the lawn sprinkler. not one speck of rust. thats outstanding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you folks that are haveing this rust problem , need to find a dryer spot to keep your gun or put a dehumudifer in the room that you keep them in

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive got 3 XDs, used to have 4 but sold the XD40 V10, and Ive never had a problem with rust. I take good care of my pistols but Im not overly anal wtih their upkeep.

BKVic

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My two month old SC 40 rusted BAD yesterday during a 4 hour CCW. I sweat on it a bit.
I have it triple coated with "Armadillo" by Blue wonder...maybe my sweat has an Armadillo penetrant. :roll:

Armadillo has not worked on EITHER of my XD's...they both rusted.

I had my 9 refinished by CC but I am sending the .40 back to Springfield. They can deal with this one on THIER dime!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts