Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new beautiful CZ-75 SS!
Is even beautifuller?
Swapped the slides on my 75SS and SP-01.
It all works except the drop-safety is a little different and the SS frame fails the pencil test, a simple parts swap would fix it if I wanted.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like 'em both and when I get the chance I'm gonna paint shop the SP-01 to see what it looks like in SS ( they don't offer it that way sadly ).
Interesting enough the SP slide is quite tight on the SS frame. With the ever present threat of galling with SS I wouldn't try shooting them with swapped slides till both were broken-in.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too..

Sorry..:twisted:
NO YOU'RE NOT! lol
SO now I got four guns for the price of two!! Ok the SS was kinda pricey so more like four for the price of three lol.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The black slide on the silver frame for me but it may be because I much prefer the classic 75 lines.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The SP looks kinda retarded.

Me thinks you need an Elite Match witness to satiate this desire.
Nah, not a big fan of knock-offs.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Please
Stop
Posting
Pictures
Of
ANY
CZ's

They're killing me; slowly, and from deep inside where my sensitive want-button is located...oh wait, it's not very deep inside...but it is killing me anyhow.

Regardless of personal preference on finish fashion, those CZ's are just sexy. Very very nice KB.

A guy was shooting a PPQ at the match yesterday, but interestingly I found I am mostly over that lust. The CZ's on the other hand, not so much. Something about those hammer strikes I just can't not watch.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please
Stop
Posting
Pictures
Of
ANY
CZ's

They're killing me; slowly, and from deep inside where my sensitive want-button is located...oh wait, it's not very deep inside...but it is killing me anyhow.

Regardless of personal preference on finish fashion, those CZ's are just sexy. Very very nice KB.

A guy was shooting a PPQ at the match yesterday, but interestingly I found I am mostly over that lust. The CZ's on the other hand, not so much. Something about those hammer strikes I just can't not watch.
I know what you're sayin, I've been drooling over the SS 75 for several years now but no funds to get one home so after the WG P226 finished out the Sig collection I put the 75 at the top of the list, even over ammo.
Also I find myself drawn more and more to hammers over strikers.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I know what you're sayin, I've been drooling over the SS 75 for several years now but no funds to get one home so after the WG P226 finished out the Sig collection I put the 75 at the top of the list, even over ammo.
Also I find myself drawn more and more to hammers over strikers.
Yep.

Aside from the PPQ I've pretty much had all the striker fired guns. Meh.

For a carry gun I get the striker guns. For guys who don't know much about shooting to be able to learn fast and shoot decent, I get the striker guns.

But for fun shooting I'm pretty much all hammer fired now. Sig, CZ, HK, 1911's.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep.

Aside from the PPQ I've pretty much had all the striker fired guns. Meh.

For a carry gun I get the striker guns. For guys who don't know much about shooting to be able to learn fast and shoot decent, I get the striker guns.

But for fun shooting I'm pretty much all hammer fired now. Sig, CZ, HK, 1911's.
Bleck, HK's, what horrible horrible guns.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Nah, not a big fan of knock-offs.
The Tanfoglio-made witness pistols I've owned were among the best shooting and reliable pistols I've ever encountered. They're only drawback from my experience is the lack of a "big"name.
I love the CZ platform (1911 too, but CZ more) and i also think your swapped-slide pieces are beautiful...'specially the black slide over stainless frame. Very cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts