Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in a previous post this week that I bought a XD9SC about a month ago and had not had a chnce to shoot it until tonight. But before we go into that let me tell you the whole story.

Early December I desided I wanted to get a semi-auto pistol. I thought I wanted to get a 1911 but couldn't come across one that really struck me. After looking a bit a Glock 22 came across my path and the price was great so I snatched it up. I have to say I really like the G22. Usually when I first pick up a gun I can do fairly decent with it, but with the G22 it took a bit of practice/getting used to it before I was happy with how I was shooting it.

A few weeks after I got the G22 I was in the gun store and saw an XD 9 4" and asked to see it. I have to say it was love at first sight/touch. I loved the way it looked and especailly loved the way it fit in may hand. It was all I could think about anymore. I had to have it. Several times I almost went back to the store to get it.

Not much longer after that an XD9SC came across my path and the deal was great. I couldn't pass it up. Of course I tried to justify getting the 3" over the 4" by saying it was a good deal or saying it would be a good gun for my wife. Needless to say I had to have it and I bought the XD9SC.

This was back in early January. Today was the first time I had an opportunity to shoot it. OH MY am I impressed. Right off the bat I did extremely well with it. I was very impressed with how it felt and shot. It took zero time for me to be happy with the groupings I was getting with this gun. I have to admit I was a bit worried about how it would do with only a 3" barrel. I have always been the type bigger is better. Not the cvase with the XD9SC. I am extremely happy with how it performed, how it felt, and how I shot with it.

This in now way is degrading the Glock, it is an awesome gun too. But I have to say the XD9SC has won a place in my heart right next to the G22.

Very happy, very impressed!!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
pmfinnegan2 said:
I mentioned in a previous post this week that I bought a XD9SC about a month ago and had not had a chnce to shoot it until tonight. But before we go into that let me tell you the whole story.

Early December I desided I wanted to get a semi-auto pistol. I thought I wanted to get a 1911 but couldn't come across one that really struck me. After looking a bit a Glock 22 came across my path and the price was great so I snatched it up. I have to say I really like the G22. Usually when I first pick up a gun I can do fairly decent with it, but with the G22 it took a bit of practice/getting used to it before I was happy with how I was shooting it.

A few weeks after I got the G22 I was in the gun store and saw an XD 9 4" and asked to see it. I have to say it was love at first sight/touch. I loved the way it looked and especailly loved the way it fit in may hand. It was all I could think about anymore. I had to have it. Several times I almost went back to the store to get it.

Not much longer after that an XD9SC came across my path and the deal was great. I couldn't pass it up. Of course I tried to justify getting the 3" over the 4" by saying it was a good deal or saying it would be a good gun for my wife. Needless to say I had to have it and I bought the XD9SC.

This was back in early January. Today was the first time I had an opportunity to shoot it. OH MY am I impressed. Right off the bat I did extremely well with it. I was very impressed with how it felt and shot. It took zero time for me to be happy with the groupings I was getting with this gun. I have to admit I was a bit worried about how it would do with only a 3" barrel. I have always been the type bigger is better. Not the cvase with the XD9SC. I am extremely happy with how it performed, how it felt, and how I shot with it.

This in now way is degrading the Glock, it is an awesome gun too. But I have to say the XD9SC has won a place in my heart right next to the G22.

Very happy, very impressed!!!
Sounds like a very happy Owner!
Congrats on the Purchase!
The accuracy of the XD 9mm SC is superb!
Almost Point and Shoot!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would have to agree with this post, because I did almost the same. I bought a glock23 in dec, it the od model and i love it, the only other semi autos I have are makarovs and i like them too. but the glock was impressive, and I fell in love with it. well I was reading the shooting times and saw the ad for the kit with the holster and 3 mags and loved the looks, so I visited the local indoor range/store and ask, well no one had seen the kit, so I showed the ad and a couple of weeks later they had them. so I jumped on the bandwagon for the .40 sub $450 out the door, lot cheaper than the glock. and I think it feels better too, almost wish i would have waited to buy the glock, but anyways I love them both but the xd is my favorite, I have ran about 300 rounds through it. two things, 1. i have read, is that the xd finish isn't quite as tough? anyone want to give me a owners take on it?? and 2. the holster is not for a lefty, they told me you could switch it around but you cant, so I need a holster(got one to sell too) this forum is great, glad i found it, and oldschool you site is cool too I'll be buying in the near future. didnt mean to ramble :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I felt kind of the same way. I am in no way putting down my G23, but it took me a few times shooting it to "get into the groove" with it. When I got my XD-40, right out of the box, I shot it like I had owned it for years and it felt like it just belonged in my hand. I was very impressed and immediately knew I had made a good purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts