Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/HK/VP9 Product Sheet JUNE.pdf

So much for me buying another pistol...plans on hold because of this!

HK's striker fired 9mm pistol. The VP9.

Takes P-30 mags and MSRP is around 710 bucks. That means probably 600 range street price. Not terrible but do-able for many of us.

If this thing runs like most HK offerings...is this the new polymer striker pistol to have?

...maybe

-brickboy240

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Interesting! I would like to see one of those up close and personal.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you read through it...looks like HK did their homework. They seem to have covered the problems that have cropped up with all the other polymer striker guns....including the trigger. They seem to have a different attitude on this gun versus the usual HK "take it or leave it, civvies" tone.

Also, unlike the Glock with its brass to face issues and the M&Ps terrible trigger and accuracy woes...I bet THIS polymer striker gun runs like the devil from the get-go. If it does...oh yes...it WILL be worth 600-650 bucks.

Due out in July....I want one!

-brickboy240

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
I like they way it looks.

Looks like another gun added to the never ending list.

I planned on making a purchase this month but may have to wait if this is supposed to be out in July.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
5.4 pound trigger... I'm listening! Looks great too! And the price point is actually affordable, the mags will still be Hk priced, p30 or not.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. I think a lot will depend on how well the finger grooves fit my hand.

There is a significant distance from the trigger to the front of the "grip", but the travel is spec'd at .24". So how bad is the over-travel? With a .12" reset it shouldn't be bad at all. One of the complaints I have with my pistols is the closeness of the trigger to the grip, I would like a pistol with the trigger further from the grip.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Looks like the Walther. Ugly IMO but hey to each his own. Looks are the last thing to consider when buying a firearm.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Just get a PPQ.
I was thinking the same thing! This HK looks like it's trying to do what the PPQ has already done/is doing, and doing it for about $100 less than what this gun will probably sell for.

I want to like HK, I really do. Many of their designs are indeed high quality, but I just can't get past their over-the-moon prices and hype, and the overall arrogance of the company, especially toward American civilian shooters. HK seems to only really care about LE/MIL sales, and does the US civilian market as an after thought, despite the fact they'd make SOOO much more profit if they tried to cater to that market more. That and a close assocate of mine who was involved with HK has relayed several stories about the way HK does business (especially involving warranty/customer service), and I'm not impressed.

So bottom line, I'd stick to the PPQ, I have a hard time thinking this gun will be that much better. But to each their own.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks the same size as a g19/23

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am betting this will fit holsters for the P-30. It takes P-30 mags...which are already out there in numbers. The PPQ was plagued by mag availability for a while.

Also, it will take all HK sights, due to similar dovetails...another plus over the PPQ's limited choices in sights.

Already has advantages over the PPQ and it is not even out yet.

Not to mention HK's higher quality of materials over most other makers.

At 600-650...don't tell me this is unappealing or will not sell.

-brickboy240

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
So bottom line, I'd stick to the PPQ, I have a hard time thinking this gun will be that much better. But to each their own.
Plus you can get a PPQ right now.

The only way I'd be interested in this is if I had a P30, bought a bunch of magazines, and then changed my mind about it and decided I wanted to go back to a striker fired gun.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Can't wait to see it.

I love my HK's, and the P30 is an excellent weapon. But I also love Sig's and their P320 did nothing for me so I'll have to wait and see.

Glocks will always be popular given the ease they can be customized and their low price and general good quality record. I think HK is just happy having their nitch.

Just saw on another site, MSRP of $719. If true HK is trying to change the game because that is a much better price then what they've been charging. Bet the Sig guys are pissed about more competition in the striker fired LE world.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I am betting this will fit holsters for the P-30. It takes P-30 mags...which are already out there in numbers. The PPQ was plagued by mag availability for a while.

Also, it will take all HK sights, due to similar dovetails...another plus over the PPQ's limited choices in sights.

Already has advantages over the PPQ and it is not even out yet.

Not to mention HK's higher quality of materials over most other makers.

At 600-650...don't tell me this is unappealing or will not sell.

-brickboy240
I get my PPQ mags for 30 something $. HK mags are $50.

10-8, Dawson Precision, Trijicon, AmeriGlo that's enough sight choices for me.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I can't wait to fondle one.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts