1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
The ad says $2800.

·
Premium Member
15,528 Posts
Not bad, that. About $1k more than the clones.

Tempted to get one of these and SBR my Zenith.
Dude... Seriously... You pretty much have to. Why have a Zenith, when you can have the real deal?

$2800 isn't even that much. $1000 more than clone, $1000 less than builds. HK Parts kit is $1500-2k. Brand spanking new HK... Bargain.

Now me... You know I love roller delay... No desire at all for 9MM PDW/PCC/Semi auto SMG. 45, 357Sig, 10mm, 5.7....

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude... Seriously... You pretty much have to. Why have a Zenith, when you can have the real deal?

$2800 isn't even that much. $1000 more than clone, $1000 less than builds. HK Parts kit is $1500-2k. Brand spanking new HK... Bargain.

Now me... You know I love roller delay... No desire at all for 9MM PDW/PCC/Semi auto SMG. 45, 357Sig, 10mm, 5.7....
Yeah.

Time to go through the safe, methinks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My favorite poly pistols are HKs, but I’d rather have an Edge pistol to be honest.

·
Premium Member
15,528 Posts
No, we'll just start with not even same catagory. But hey, you're the internet warrior so have fun with that.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Oh look, another H&K I'm too poor to afford.

I've shot MP5s before. Real deal H&K machine guns... and while they are neat, I don't think a neutered semi-automatic version is $2800 neat. The SP5K has been in the US market for a few years now, and nobody seemed to care. I realize that there are legitimate differences between the SP5 and the SP5K, but they are at heart both MP5s. I have a feeling that MP5s are going to wind up being the 1911s of the sub gun world. In 40 years, people will still be oogling over them about how they have "A CENTURY OF SERVICE" much like how people yell out "TWO WORLD WARS" regarding the 1911.

Reactions: bassbob

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh look, another H&K I'm too poor to afford.

I've shot MP5s before. Real deal H&K machine guns... and while they are neat, I don't think a neutered semi-automatic version is $2800 neat. The SP5K has been in the US market for a few years now, and nobody seemed to care. I realize that there are legitimate differences between the SP5 and the SP5K, but they are at heart both MP5s. I have a feeling that MP5s are going to wind up being the 1911s of the sub gun world. In 40 years, people will still be oogling over them about how they have "A CENTURY OF SERVICE" much like how people yell out "TWO WORLD WARS" regarding the 1911.
Try over 100 years of service with the 1911...and there’s good reasons for it.

MP5 has been running, what...close to 60 years now? Again...there’s a reason.

·
Premium Member
15,528 Posts
Try over 100 years of service with the 1911...and there’s good reasons for it.

MP5 has been running, what...close to 60 years now? Again...there’s a reason.
How many can say that? I mean time keeps ticking and there's some racking up some time now... M1a, AK, FAL... Hummm, 9mm been around a long time... What would hold the record for a 9mm... Hi Power? Hell, the AR has been running almost 60 years now. 1911s got to be the king though... Well, if you don't count revolvers... Well in military service....

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many can say that? I mean time keeps ticking and there's some racking up some time now... M1a, AK, FAL... Hummm, 9mm been around a long time... What would hold the record for a 9mm... Hi Power? Hell, the AR has been running almost 60 years now. 1911s got to be the king though... Well, if you don't count revolvers... Well in military service....
About the only other contender would by the K-frame S&W .38...USAF Security was still using them (in their Model 15 “Combat Masterpiece” guise) in the 1990’s...for a gun that came out in 1899.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts