Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a month of lurking and learning I took the plunge and ordered a XD 9 sc in OD from Bud's . It came in and I picked it up today at Bulls Eye Marksman in ******* GA today . Nice range and friendly people .
As I was completing the paperwork the owner walked by and noticed what I had and said to hold on a moment . He came back w a new XD with a combination of stainless slide and OD frame .VERY NICE combo . He said it was from a special run that his local distributor offered him , u can ck locally if interested .
While we were there my daughter and I tried out a Sig P239 , a Kahr CW9 and a XDm 9 3.8 . We both shot the Sig really well , the Kahr fairly decently , and of course I did really well with the Xd :) , she just a little less so .
So I think she has finally ( I think we've shot 20+ models in the past month ) decided on the Sig P239 as her first handgun . Felt nice in the hand , unlike the Kahr CW9 to me . I want to like the Kahr because I've been thinking of picking up a PM9 for an easier EDC , but the slim grip just is not working for me .
Well I'm glad to be a first time SA owner and look forward to some serious range time with the new addition .
Happy Shooting !

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Nice, welcome to the club you are going to enjoy your new pistol. You have to put up some pictures though. If you ever need any help let me know I am only and hour and half away......5 hrs if your stuck in the ATL traffic.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the world of XD:)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats. on your new pistol, youll love it! Welcome to the Springfield family. :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want to like the Kahr because I've been thinking of picking up a PM9 for an easier EDC , but the slim grip just is not working for me .
Congrats, I have an xdsc 40 and for shooting I do prefer the "fatter" grip over my CM9 Kahr. However I found that a Handall Jr on the CM9 makes a significant difference (if anything, just for getting a solid grip). I prefer the CM9 for CCW because it's so much easier to hide. But the XDSC wins hands down for range fun compared to the Kahr.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats...I'm going on 4,500+ rounds in my XD9 sc without issue. Loving mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts