Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was originally going to be my going away shoot after being out here in MI on and off for a year and a half working on the Children's Hospital.....We had some office equipment that failed and we were told that we could do what we wanted with them...........enjoy!

I did one test round on the steel and it failed (i had 9 rounds loaded for the 9 targets and Glenn said just shoot 1 so we can see what it does to the steel.....)Only handgun friendly steel :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Niceeeee looks like you had some fun.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks like fun. Oh No. Look out Mr. Bill.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was.......I have to get the Mr. Bill pics and I wil get those uploaded......so many pics being sent that the battery died on new iphone....uhhhh

I did take one pic though.....shot him through the collarbone....

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Looks like fun!

Who shot the plate rack with 223??? Mild steel??

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like fun!

Who shot the plate rack with 223??? Mild steel??
I did.....40 y (held at 300 meter post on ACOG) standing, unsupported.....here were 9 plates and I loaded 9 in the mag and was gonna engage l to r.....my co-worker Glenn (who co-hosted this with me said to take one to see the damage and as you can see, it was a direct hit, but not easy on the steel)....I have to get the pic from another co-worker but it bubbled the back side of the plate.....the 9mm and .40 rounds just bounced off of it........oh yeah, to answer the other question...American Eagle XM193 5.56 55g FMJ was the load used.

Specs on weapon:

Daniel Defense DDM4v3 : Trijicon RCO-M4CP ACOG w/ A.R.M.S. #19 LD mount : Bravo Company Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle : Troy/Spike's rear BUIS : Spike's M16 BCG : Spike's ST-T2 buffer : Spike's billet trigger guard : Spike's forward grip : Battle Arms Development ambi safety : YHM 5C2 flash hider : Surefire M300A miniscout weapon light w/ SR-07 dual switch : Magpul B.A.D. lever : Magpul P-Mags w/ ranger plates : Magpul MOE stock w/ enhanced pad : Hogue pistol grip.......Kershaw/Daniel Defense knife.....

This was from another shoot but I held like this:
(pics of me and others will be added as I get them)

·
Super Moderator
22,197 Posts
Did you have any ricochet that close on the steel?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have any ricochet that close on the steel?

No we did not.....we had everyone stand back just to make sure. All had ear and eye pro (except for Glenn and I, all were first time shooter's).

No deflection after the hit....

This was the back..........

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
PC LOAD LETTER wtf does that mean...

i want to do something like this so bad... glad ya had a good time.

·
Super Moderator
22,197 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the AFN commercials where the "A" is the gas port/front sight of the M16 in A R M Y

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Good hits! :D

Some one needs to grind those craters down and fill them up with weld. You will get some bad splatter with pistol rounds up close if you do not.

No we did not.....we had everyone stand back just to make sure. All had ear and eye pro (except for Glenn and I, all were first time shooter's).

No deflection after the hit....

This was the back..........

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Some one needs to grind those craters down and fill them up with weld. You will get some bad splatter with pistol rounds up close if you do not.
That pic above was the back of the target.....I only took 1 shot to do damage assessment (had 9 rounds loaded to hit them all)

Here was the front shot impact......the 9mm and .40 rounds were ok for the steel(nothing to fill)
5.56mm was not.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Look closely to see the monitor impact......

Also......Mr. Bill's younger brother get some payback....

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts

Absolutely, you should not shoot at damaged plates close range.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts