Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pistol league is starting up again so I took out my Buckmark to get some practice in and I thought for kicks I'd show the gun and a bit of what it's capable of.

Keep in mind when looking at this target, yes I'm shooting with a red dot but I'm not a kid anymore and my eyes are nowhere near where they used to be. I'm near sighted so I have to pick seeing the sight (no glasses) or seeing the target (with glasses). So I mostly shoot at 25 feet without glasses. So this target is 100 rounds of Lapua 22 at 30 feet shooting fairly rapidly (aquire shoot, aquire shoot) shot by a mid 50's guy. The target is also on it's side, it should be rotated to the right. My misses are not right, they are low, which is because of paralex I have to be a bit low at the shorter ranges to be on target at 25 yards,

Every one of those shots is in the 10 ring in BE competition. How we shoot is 15 rounds at 7 yards, 15 rounds at 10 yards, 20 rounds at 25 yards. Maximum score is 500, my best score is 496, my typical scores are mid 480's.

My Buckmark is such a delight to shoot that it's hard to overstate how nice the gun is. The trigger is perfect, no take up, 2.5lbs, and as crisp as you can get. I've owned several Ruger Mark 3's and 22/45's, and I've shot full up Volquartzen customs, and I'd take the Buckmark over any of them. The only gun that may be better is a Smith 41, and the Performance Center version of those will run you $1500 bucks IF you can find one. Oh, and my Buckmark essentially never jams. I shoot Elly and Lapua ammo when I can find it for target, I practice with Federal Auto Match, and I goof around shoot with any 22 I can get my hands on and the Buckmark shoots them all equally well.

One last thing, that little Bushnell red dot is quite good. It's very solid and has never had to be resighted in. It's a bit heavier and bigger than you might want but if you've got the space for it they're around 100 bucks and hard to beat. I have a Burris Fast Fire on my 44 mag that I shoot for centerfire pistol league that I paid 300-400 bucks for that's not a better sight (but is smaller).

If you're in the market for a 22 a Buckmark is really hard to beat.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They are fantastic pistols. I haven't decided if I want it or a Ruger still....

The UDX slab side is freaking sweet though. And the lime weight 22/45. Decisions decisions....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a Ruger Mark1 that I bought new a long time ago.

I also LOVE the Buckmark and want to get one some day.

Glad you are having a ton of fun shooting yours. 8)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Are there supposed to be pics showing?

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I cannot see the pictures either.

My father has a browning medalist. Thing is amazing.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about the pics. I'll try and figure it out later.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Buckmark 5.5 hb, walnut grips, my favorite 22. I changed my front sight to a green fiber optic. Has shot about every 22 rd I've ever loaded. Doesn't like HP, unless fired under strong mag spring. Have a Ruger Mark 1, but the Buckmark, is my trap line pistol, and carried during hunting season

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Love my Buckmark as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The only time I've had an issue shooting one was with Winchester super x. It shot great other than not having quite enough oomph to cycle the gun.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I should have bought the Buckmark, my Ruger pisses me off every time I get ready to clean it.

Good shooting snap!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Mine is old school, but I don't have any pics of it.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
I'm a big fan if my Buckmark; it's just the basic camper model, but it is one heck of a shooter; I honestly don't know how many rabbits & squirrels it accounted for over the years...

I keep ending up buying Ruger MkII's and III's because it's a good deal, etcetera...none of them are as nice-especially the III's with their crappy, mag-safety neutered triggers.

I need to pick up another Buckmark one of these days, and it'll likely be a URX.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
I taught my wife to shoot with a Buckmark.....it soon became her's . :wink:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The bucks aren't that much less irritating honestly.
That's what I gather, I was just venting. I have to use a dang hammer to take it down and I was frustrated when I posted that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I should have bought the Buckmark, my Ruger pisses me off every time I get ready to clean it.

Good shooting snap!
LOL.

I had my Ruger for over a decade before I broke it down to clean and cleaned chamber area best I could with bolt locked back.

I always carefully cleaned bore through muzzle before that.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I only do a full disassemble about once a year with my Buckmark. Typically I snake and clean the bore and scrub the breach and slide face. That's all it needs and I'm done in 5 minutes. I really believe you have to spend 1500 bucks to get a better gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts