Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time loading my mag was a little embarrassing. I had to push pretty hard to get the rounds in. My friends I was with first said "you just gotta get used to it" but then they tried loading and admitted it was a lot stiffer than they were used to.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
931 Posts
they will soften a little bit after some use. load them up partially, let them sit a while, then use them. should see improvement.

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was my XD9SC supposed to come with a mag loaded? Because it didn't and my friend also said it should have...

·
Registered
8,278 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Two of the free mags I got with my XDM Compact were super-tight. Sanding down the follower a bit fixed things right up. All of my mag's followers have been sanded and they're much easier to load now.

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two of the free mags I got with my XDM Compact were super-tight. Sanding down the follower a bit fixed things right up. All of my mag's followers have been sanded and they're much easier to load now.
Is there somewhere I can read about this procedure?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there somewhere I can read about this procedure?
Not that I know of. Just remove the base (push in the pin on the center of the mag base and slide the base off.) Then remove the lock plate and the spring and finally the follower. Lightly sand the sides of the follower that slide against the magazine's interior walls, concentrating on the front and rear sides of the follower. (I used an emery board stolen from The Wife's purse.) Assembly is the reverse of disassembly.

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not that I know of. Just remove the base (push in the pin on the center of the mag base and slide the base off.) Then remove the lock plate and the spring and finally the follower. Lightly sand the sides of the follower that slide against the magazine's interior walls, concentrating on the front and rear sides of the follower. (I used an emery board stolen from The Wife's purse.) Assembly is the reverse of disassembly.
Excellent. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts