Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...just wanna hear the stories. Everybody has carried at Walmart and there's a good chunk out there that carry at church. So what's the "oddest" place (outside your normal carry places) that you've carried?

Mine, a relative's engagement party. Down in Dallas in the Highland Park area. Very high class. Definite social elites of the town. Everyone is dressed to the nines. I'm dressed nicely as well, but underneath is my CBST with J hooks clipped nicely to my exposed belt. I'm hugging kin left and right (being mindful my right arm is below there's so they can't bump my carry) and just intermingling with the best. Here I am chatting away with people where my salary is something they routinely have cash on hand. Me, pressed shirt and pants, tie, CBST and XD. Not my normal element...and definitely not with the class of people.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since my CHL hadnt come in yet, I didn't carry at one of my wife's friend's 50th birthday party. My wife, being Filipina, most of her friends there were also Filipino. The first place I needed the CC was at the dinner table. There was a whole pig on the table with an apple in its mouth... thought I was going to have to shoot the damned thing! Turned out its called Lechon and was pretty tasty! Second instance that I needed the CC was when they started to karaoke! If I only had 2 measly bullets, I could have shot myself in each ear and saved myself, but alas I had to endure the torture. Luckily, I got away with only minimal hearing damage but I had a full stomach! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Got a ride along with the local police dept helicopter unit. I new both members of the heli unit. What.... Like i was going to leave it in the car. yes it was an illeagle carry but they knew what i had on me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Meh, I carry everywhere. A firearm is as much a part of my wardrobe as my shoes.

The weirdest place was probably my own wedding.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I carry everywhere that it is legal, which is almost everywhere in Oregon. I'm not sure if it's 'odd' but I always feel weird carrying at my son's school.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Probably doesnt sound like an odd place, but at the outdoor gun range, me and my cousin were OCing our XD's and shooting our rifles... the RO gave us a weird look and mentioned not to OC while the range was on a ceasefire and going out to set up targets, so we had to CC them... just seems a bit odd to hide a gun at a gun range lol.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Bathroom? I recently went to a gun store and asked to see a pocket holster for a LCP. The owner said "here, this is the one I use for mine" and pulled out a little Beretta. He asked me "do you have your gun with you?" And I said "no, it's in the car" thinking "he must think I am an idiot because what good is it there". What he didn't know was that I had my XD9SC on me. Made me chuckle.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I had to think for a minute.........

family reunion, nope, we always end up shooting at sometime

Thanksgiving dinner, same thing. We hunt deer in the morning and I most often wear my hunting clothes and pistol just stays on.

Xmas, same thing.

I did gor for a swim in the pacific ocean onetime with my P32 in the pocket of my trunks. Forgot it was there and went for a swim. Rinsed with HOT fresh water when I got out and oiled it up real good. Oil on it kept the rust off and it is still rust free to this day.......

·
Registered
540 Posts
Doin' the "Chaplain" thing at a funeral service.

"Let us pray (that this thing doesn't hit the floor), Dear Lord..."

And PLEASE don't troll this thread into a religious downward spiral, my post was a true response to the topic, not troll bait.

·
Registered
755 Posts
to a doctors visit, didnt even think about til he raised my shirt to listen to heart and lungs exposing my CBST inside my waistband. He didnt miss a beat until after he was done with business talk he said, "i woulda been nicer if you would have let me known you were carrying". very professional

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently went to my local Orchestra Hall to meet up with my Dad and Step Mom and I was not going to leave my XD Sub Compact in my truck. I am a big round guy and the chairs were smaller than I thought and I couldn't fit in the seat with my XD in my holster the way I usually carry? I had to hit the head and relocate my holster to fit in my chair. Did I need to carry to an Orchestra? Yes, because it's my right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts