Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9mm Mod2 3"
I've had a small problem with light strikes (which is a BIG problem to me). At disassembly and cleaning, I noticed a small hole/notch in the striker channel. I am not talking about the hole for the striker retaining pin coming in from the top. In relation to that hole this one is on the right, also vertical, toward the back sight. I'll post a picture if I can (although they aren't that good). Is this normal? Is this a defect? Also, do you all oil or keep striker related parts dry? Also, suggestions/comments on light strikes are appreciated.
20170107_133537.jpg
20170107_133546.jpg

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
That's for the striker safety.

·
Premium Member
127,792 Posts
Keep it dry.

Reactions: XDorNot2XD

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
That should be smooth I would imagine???

Also keep channel completely bone dry. Degrease with alcohol then dry and reassemble. Oil will cause light strikes eventually from crap getting caught in there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That should be smooth I would imagine???

Also keep channel completely bone dry. Degrease with alcohol then dry and reassemble. Oil will cause light strikes eventually from crap getting caught in there
Yeah, I thought smooth too! Same ??? as you have... Thanks for the bone dry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The extractor has a cutout in the striker channel, that why you have to remove the striker to take out the extractor.
Ahh, I thought it had to be very close to the 'cylinder part' of the extractor - just wouldn't have dreamed the extractor had space allocated in the striker channel - thanks for the info. So to recap, it is supposed to be in there (for extractor purposes), should all be kept very dry and very clean. Is that all correct? Anything else I can troubleshoot (other than ammo) for light strikes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts