Registered
1,498 Posts
nice shooter there I have the 2ht and love it

Be sure to get us some pics as soon as it comes in

Any thought about an optic or are you gonna stick with irons for a while

·
Registered
346 Posts
McCain wins he feels the same way about weapons like the AR...he might not be as fervent about it, but the only reason you say Obama is cause he's leading the polls...

I say, if the 2A is your only issue to vote on, vote for a TRUE supporter, not any of these joke candidates we have.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
nice shooter there I have the 2ht and love it

Be sure to get us some pics as soon as it comes in

Any thought about an optic or are you gonna stick with irons for a while
BUIS for right now, I'm going for broke on a ACOG but that money will come slow, probably take a year minimum to save it up..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very nice!!! I wish I could finish my build before the election!!!! I agree with TJ pics as soon as you get!!!!:twisted:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McCain wins he feels the same way about weapons like the AR...he might not be as fervent about it, but the only reason you say Obama is cause he's leading the polls...

I say, if the 2A is your only issue to vote on, vote for a TRUE supporter, not any of these joke candidates we have.
It's not my only issue. It's my main issue. Obama doesn't have one thing in his diatribe that I believe in. McCain isn't my first or second choice but he unfortunately is my only remaining choice.
One vote for anyone besides McCain is a vote for Obama or a canceling a vote for Obama's only realistic opposition.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
it's not my only issue. It's my main issue. Obama doesn't have one thing in his diatribe that i believe in. Mccain isn't my first or second choice but he unfortunately is my only remaining choice.
One vote for anyone besides mccain is a vote for obama or a canceling a vote for obama's only realistic opposition.
amen!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
pleasentguywhopacksAXD...nice AR. Since us lefties must hang together or we may hang separately.....can I borrow your.......he he he. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

really where did you see that? While I do not agree with or understand his views on gun ownership especially given his dependancy on them while he served and given that the office he is running for will make them daiy fact of life fir him that he can not escape. Ithas been my understanding that he has never voted to ban a weapon based on cosmetic apperance

And while the ARis a fine fighting rifle that is plenty accurate we all know or at least should know that a floated and bedded rem 700 in .223 is more accurate and lethal a far greater distances

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
It's not my only issue. It's my main issue. Obama doesn't have one thing in his diatribe that I believe in. McCain isn't my first or second choice but he unfortunately is my only remaining choice.
One vote for anyone besides McCain is a vote for Obama or a canceling a vote for Obama's only realistic opposition.
I feel quite the opposite. The only reason I would vote for McCain would be because of the gun issue. Obama is a better choice on most every other issue.
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
really where did you see that? While I do not agree with or understand his views on gun ownership especially given his dependancy on them while he served and given that the office he is running for will make them daiy fact of life fir him that he can not escape. Ithas been my understanding that he has never voted to ban a weapon based on cosmetic apperance

And while the ARis a fine fighting rifle that is plenty accurate we all know or at least should know that a floated and bedded rem 700 in .223 is more accurate and lethal a far greater distances
Actually a good AR with a match barrel will keep pace with a 700 just fine. And its far more effective at the closer ranges due to being semi auto with 30 round mags vs a bolt gun with a 5 shot internal box. No question on which one is the better fighting weapon.
Pat

·
Registered
346 Posts

McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details. Source: Los Angeles Times, “McCain Calls for Hearings” Aug 17, 1999
It's an old source, and he may have changed his opinion in the last 10 years...but he's said it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

My floated and bedded 700 in 270 rem is all the distance gun I need. The AR upper that I have chosen is a carbine and only slighly longer than my Contender super 14. I know what that gun is capable of. 2" in 200 with handloads.
I would be happy with 6 inches in a AR 16" platform.

We as gun owners know the assinine illogical thinking of the anti's. We all know what our deer guns will smoke most AR's and alike in distance and in actual terminal performance.
They don't want to know the truth they don't care. They want all guns gone and the ARs and AKs are just the begining.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I can't find it on a quick Google, but I remember McCain saying, early in his campaign, that the term "assault weapon" was a leftist fabricated term based purely on the aesthetics of a gun.

Here is a good run down of his votes and other quotes:
John McCain on Gun Control

I would like to see the full context in where he favored the one or two "gun control" laws. All in all, he's pro-2nd-amendment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pat, I respect you, your knowledge and the job you do.

However, are you sure you aren't towing the F.O.P. Union line, here?
Surprisingly enough, the National FOP has endorsed the McCain/Palin ticket. Wish I could say that the State level FOPs endorsed the same side of the fence...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I can't deny your logic, but I can add some of my own wisdom.

:idea:As long as your so afraid that you continue to vote for the lesser of two evils you will continue to vote for and recieve evil.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts