Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The article indicates the man had his WA State concealed-pistol license (CPL).

Let's be safe out there. If you're going to carry, be proficient and have your chit together...

snippet:

An 80-year-old woman who was accidentally shot while eating dinner at an Oak Harbor restaurant Friday night is recovering, according to police.

The 57-year-old Coupeville man who inadvertently fired the gun in the crowded restaurant was arrested, booked and released. Prosecutors will decide whether to charge him with a crime.

Oak Harbor Police Chief Kevin Dresker said the man, who has a concealed license permit, was armed with a .40-caliber handgun at Fraser’s Gourmet Hideaway. The gun owner removed the weapon, placed it on his chair and covered it with a napkin when he momentarily stood up.

The man was placing the gun back in his holster when it fired, Dresker said. The bullet went through the tablecloth and struck the woman, who was seated at another table. The bullet went through her shoulder and exited from her chest area.The woman didn’t initially realize she had been hit.

Customer accidentally shoots woman at Oak Harbor restaurant | HeraldNet.com

·
Premium Member
17,765 Posts
Good lord... Why the heck are you unholstering your gun in a restaurant? Is this to somehow guarantee better service?

And that poor woman... "The bullet went through her shoulder and exited from her chest area.The woman didn’t initially realize she had been hit." Wow.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Good lord... Why the heck are you unholstering your gun in a restaurant? Is this to somehow guarantee better service?

And that poor woman... "The bullet went through her shoulder and exited from her chest area.The woman didn’t initially realize she had been hit." Wow.
At first I thought it was appendix carry and he was full.
Then read that apparent trajectory of the round and concluded that was wrong, unless he was sitting on her. Or a deck.

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Shoulder holster?

Reactions: bassbob

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ZanderMan nailed it.

Why exactly would you unholster a pistol in a restaurant and with a round in the chamber?

Think. Be safe. Be responsible.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are a bazillion and thirty-two safe concealed carry permit holders out there but the libs will now paint this one joker as the face of all American gun owners. It only takes one idiot to muck it up for the rest. What was he thinking?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Now that I think about it, it’s too bad Einstein wasn’t carrying appendix. He could have saved the world some trouble if he nicked his dingy instead.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
He was testing a new bullet proof table cloth fabric. Obviously he needs to do more research before live teating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jeez. I will never understand how someone can accidentally fire a pistol while holstering it. I mean it’s dead F’ing simple man. Keep your F’ing finger off the F’ing trigger. Why the hell was he playing with it anyway? If it’s uncomfortable while you sit and eat dinner, get a different holster, a different gun or just leave the F’ing thing at home. This F’ing dumbass just became the face of armed citizens to thousands of other dumbasses watching TV news.

·
Premium Member
17,765 Posts
Can you imagine the woman’s dinner companions?

“Uh... Ethel... you’re bleeding. You sure you’re ok?”

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
Some people are simply too stupid to own firearms, IMO.

Reactions: bassbob

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I wonder if the details of holster type (shoulder, hip, belly band), where they were seated, will ever be published?

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I wonder if the details of holster type (shoulder, hip, belly band), where they were seated, will ever be published?
You'll likely never know those details, all the media is concerned with is that some idiot shot grandma while doing something he should not have been doing. Hope for a full recovery for the poor victim. If anyone hears about charges being filed against the shooter, post them here.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts