Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought another Eotech (NV compatable) and looking for a decent quality/priced NV mono to put in front of the Eotech.

what is everyone using? How do you like it?

Thx

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Good NV monoculars aren't cheap by any means, but I'd check out the D-300 that Victor at Tactical Night Vision offers:

Tactical Night Vision Monocular Page (toward the bottom of the page)

This is about the best money can buy without buying a crappy ATN for $500 that the tube may die on in a matter of hours or otherwise spending a small furtune ($3k+) on a Gen. III ITT tube in a PVS-14.

I don't use a monocular any longer having bumped up to a D-740 Gen 2+, but when I did I had an older MUM that worked great for me (<200 yards). Victor has some newer MUM models, but they are expensive at nearly the cost of a PVS-14 and frankly...not worth the money over the D-300 units.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to be the concensus. so at 1395 it is the best value and a $500 ATN is a throwaway piece?

I only want to buy once.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have yet to see one of the ATN units (whether a monocular, a dedicated NV scope or otherwise) hold up very well. Best case I have seen is one of their older models a buddy of mine had (early Gen II) that lasted three years with fairly regular (monthly) use. Tube died almost 3 years to the day he got it, but it was expensive and should have lasted longer than it did. The worst I have seen are some of the newer ATN scope models that are supposedly Gen II and Gen III units that have had poor resolution, are plagued with more than the expected number of cursed black dots on the tube that disturb your field of view and all for an overpriced piece of junk. Yes, in my experience the ATN stuff is throw away.

If it were me and I was looking for a quality investment that I could rely on to do the job I needed done and last more than a few years, I would absolutely get the D-300. If you pull up the site and call Victor, he will be glad to talk to you about the different options he offers and try to match you up with a monocular or other NVD that best suits your specific needs. He is one of the most knowledgeable NV guys I know and he'll point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool.

guess I'll call Victor

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who's asking?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just curious why you we're getting it ... If it was a toy or if it was going to be on a service weapon because you could get a military or LE discount. So serious !! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no discount.
getting it so I can see what I am shooting at during the night :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts