Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call today. My XD-40 service is now in at my dealer.. I get it on Friday and will grind up around 2-300 rnds first trip to the range.
Now what do you all recommend I do to trick it out.
As far as what works and what to stay away from.
I am thinking some good adjustable sights, fit the factory bbl and a trigger job. Should I have it done by SA or another source?
Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
get dons guide rod pistolgear.com
if you want anywork done send to canyon creek to Rich
I am in Michigan also no one knows jack about these pistols around here..
if you want to see differant things pm me

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ammo is always good. :)

What do you want to do with it? (plinking? matches? carry it?)

jonas

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to carry it some, but mostly for recreational range shooting.

Ron is 100% correct when he says in MI the local gun shops/smiths have no clue on XD's.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
K-80 said:
Got the call today. My XD-40 service is now in at my dealer.. I get it on Friday and will grind up around 2-300 rnds first trip to the range.
I am thinking some good adjustable sights, fit the factory bbl and a trigger job. Should I have it done by SA or another source?
Thanks

learn how to shoot it before you "tricking it out".

adjustable sights... wont do you any good. fit the factory barrel? you mean have it custom fit like a match barrel?... that wont do you any good either cause the gun is already more accurate than you are. now a trigger job from CC is good, but only after you have put a few thousand rounds through your gun(i.e. learn how to shoot properly).

any questions?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback!
Here is my plan
Trijicon sights a.s.a.p.
Don's guide rod sooner than later.
2K rounds to break it in prior to possible trigger work. May not even need it.

XD & factory ammo are both more accurate than I am!

I will post after I shyoot it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
therooster said:
K-80 said:
Thanks

learn how to shoot it before you "tricking it out".

adjustable sights... wont do you any good. fit the factory barrel? you mean have it custom fit like a match barrel?... that wont do you any good either cause the gun is already more accurate than you are. now a trigger job from CC is good, but only after you have put a few thousand rounds through your gun(i.e. learn how to shoot properly).

any questions?
Dont take this wrong but how do you know that the gun can outshoot him? The factory barrels are damn good to start with but If the guy wants a match barrel fit to it, by all means, get a match barrel fit, they do make them for a reason.

Also, why wouldnt adjustable sights do any good? Dawson sights have a much crisper sight picture than the factory sights offer and DO offer more accuracy since you can get the width of sight that matches ones particular style of shooting.

A good crisp trigger job with overtravel elimintaed is very helpful in learning to shoto properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts