Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and check this out.
I started off with a glock 17 and 27. Sold both of those and bought 2 springfield XDs. One was an xd40 tactical and one was an xd9 subcompact. Sold the XDs, bought a sig 245, sold that.

THEN...a member on glocktalk sold me a glock 19 in like new condition. I instantly fell in love with the gun and it has been my favorite glock ever since. I even convinced my girlfriend to buy my used one and I picked up a new one for myself. Then convinced my dad to buy one too. I sold his 1968 llama .380 and his bose speakers and he bought a glock 19 with that money.

Anyway here is why I LOVE this gun. Ive only been shooting this gun for a little over a month now and I dont think I could do better with any other gun.
7 yards:

amazingly-that is 32 shots. I never thought I would be able to shoot like that. EVER.

cant wait for my g26 coming in the mail tomorrow EITHER!

what do you guys think of the target???

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
nice shooting..

The way you are buying and selling guns is not the most efficient way to do things. So I'd give you the best advice I can.....
TAKE LESSONS!

When we met (I bought Matt's .380 Llama), you showed me how you held your gun. There are a lot of proper ways to hold a pistol and even more improper ways. You showed me a "combat" style hold (a good one). I tried to show you a target shooters grip. I wonder if you tried it.

Your target looks good for combat. From 7 yards, it will certainly get the job done.

But spending money on guns is an endless thing....or can be.

Spending money on some lessons won't make a difference in what kind of gun you are shooting. Good lessons will stay with you forever. As you already know, guns come and go.

Also, if you expect to be in combat situations, then that's something a bit different. I've been shooting a lot longer than you...I was in basic training in 1970. I shot a lot for a while in the mid to late 1980s when I was living in Colorado, but had not shot at all since around 1990 until I bought my XD9 Sub this past Nov.

I bought a 1911 in Jan (you saw it), and I definitely felt I needed a lesson. It seemed I was more accurate with my Sub (with it's little 3 inch barrel) than with the full sized 1911.

Well, after one $50 private lesson (about an hour) my shooting improved significantly. And not just with the 1911 ...the only gun I used in the lesson.

Now, at 7 yards, I very rarely will not be inside a 3" "Shoot N.C." stick on target. At fifty feet I can shoot the 1911 the same. I also have a Ruger target pistol (.22 caliber) that I can hit the less than dime sized stick ons that come on the "Shoot N.C." targets from pretty much any distance I can see that target. Of course the red dot sight helps...I can't even see such a small target with plain sights. (The red dot doesn't magnify the target like a scope, but it lets you see where the sights are, which is enough).

So I would think that if you want to be accurate with a small sized gun (the G26 is about the same as my XD9 I think), you should consider lessons. They are a big help and a good instructor can really speed up your learning process.

You are doing great for a new shooter. But you have a lot of room for improvement. Really.......try at least one lesson.

I recently took up golf. I should have known better than to spend a fortune in new and "improved" clubs, drivers and putters. Nothing helped like lessons (A LOT CHEAPER!!).

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks delija.

to you other guys, this isnt a glock bragging post. Maybe you are so used to trolls that you think it might be, but I was just saying that I love my gun and I wanted to know what you think of the target.

No XD bashing here, just the ones I owned werent the right ones for me, although I feel an xd9 4 inch would be very nice-they are very hard to come by.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I shoot damn good with the Glock 19 too, and I have been thinking of selling the XD's and going over to the dark side.

(Actually, it's more like I'm thinking of selling my XD's to make my mortgage payment next month, and then putting a Glock on layaway when I get a new job.) :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
dsg2003gt said:
thanks delija.

to you other guys, this isnt a glock bragging post. Maybe you are so used to trolls that you think it might be, but I was just saying that I love my gun and I wanted to know what you think of the target.

No XD bashing here, just the ones I owned werent the right ones for me, although I feel an xd9 4 inch would be very nice-they are very hard to come by.
You need to re-read your original post it defiantly was a Glock bragging post. Yes you said nothing bad about the XD but you sound like a kid who just got his first car talking about the glock
my girls getting one and my brother and my dad and its the best thing since sliced bread

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RangeRat said:
dsg2003gt said:
thanks delija.

You need to re-read your original post it defiantly was a Glock bragging post. Yes you said nothing bad about the XD but you sound like a kid who just got his first car talking about the glock
my girls getting one and my brother and my dad and its the best thing since sliced bread
whatever, it doesnt matter. It is not like you cant figure out whether or not a gun is right for you and by me saying I like it alot, doesnt mean about anything except that I like the gun. so. CTFO this post was because I know a few people on these boards and wanted to post a range report. At least I posted it in the correct section whether or not it is a glock or an xd.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No Glocks for me. i sold mine to buy XD's and i am glad i did. you need to take your post to Cock talk.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Thats good shooting now move back to 15 yards and dont move back to 25 untill the 15 yard target looks the same. Any gun that fits you and your shooting style will get things done. The main reason I bought a XD was that the grip angle was better for me and closer to my service weapon than the Glock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts