Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,

Last weekend I completed my CPL Training, sent off my paperwork, and $105 processing fee. Now the wait begins, here in Michigan(Wayne County) I'm expecting a 2-3 month wait!!! I'm new to carrying and gun ownership. I will be asking for opinions in the months to come. My 1st question is what is everyone carrying? I'am leaning towards the XDM 3.8 Compact. Feel free to voice you opinions. :D

Thank you for you help!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just went a filled out all my paperwork, I did not take a course cause all I had to do was use my DD214 from military, but I will be taking courses in the future. They told me about 4 weeks to get my CWP, but I have heard that people are getting them in 10 days...I hope. I bought the XD9 subcompact, an amish belt from Hanks, and a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I will carry as much as possible, but won't be much cause of work and school fulltime, I will keep it in my car then though.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
2 weeks to get my PTC, I carry XD45c in either a CBST with my Crossbreed belt, or in a Galco Wraith, using a cheap belt I got that still works well for the purpose

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Excellent choice in the 3.8c. I don't have one myself (XD 40sc for carry), but one choice with few compromises.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hello forum,

Last weekend I completed my CPL Training, sent off my paperwork, and $105 processing fee. Now the wait begins, here in Michigan(Wayne County) I'm expecting a 2-3 month wait!!! I'm new to carrying and gun ownership. I will be asking for opinions in the months to come. My 1st question is what is everyone carrying? I'am leaning towards the XDM 3.8 Compact. Feel free to voice you opinions. :D

Thank you for you help!!!!
If you have an legal questions a good place to go would be opencarry.org and go to the forum then the Michigan section. I know you're probably gonna carried concealed but if you are interested in open carry check it out MI is a great OC state. Also if you're not sure about a CC law your question can probably be answered.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats on your first step to ccing. I have a subcompact 9 and love it. I can carry 14 rounds in a flush fitting mag, and its pretty easy to conceal, you just have to change your wardrobe a bit. Good luck on your search. Oh and I have a crossbreed supertuck with a crossbreed belt.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I waited a total of maybe 5 days and im in michigan. I was told 30 days minimum.I got lucky and the gun board met a week after I got all my fingerprints in instead of there scheduled week before. e\Even though that may not be your case, I have heard of other ppl getting there cpl permit well before there scheduled time so... good luck and ya just never know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts