Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking for something a bit smaller for carry (since I had a recent back injury I wanted something not as big a footprint at 4 o'clock), so I traded in my XDm .45compact towards the new Mod2.

For all those who have been commenting on the aesthetics of the new design, I have to say that note that I have held it, I can see that the design does work very well ergonomically. I do like the feel in the hand better than my XDm, despite the "GRIP ZONE".

I'll be taking it to the range this week, and I'll really get a feel for it there. I'm also debating on Ceracoating it. I'll post the range report afterwards.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, I think you're going to be impressed with the way the gun performs. I just got one myself and so far it's been great.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
congrats on new MOd 2.... hope you like it!!

How much smaller than an XDMc is it? I was under the assumption that it was about the same size as the XDMC/XDsc.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey some people like and prefer the Springfield triggers........somehow. :lol:
I actually liked the Springfield trigger over the factory trigger on my Glock 34. Evidently I'm in the minority there . And I thought the G34 trigger was pretty bad.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I actually liked the Springfield trigger over the factory trigger on my Glock 34. Evidently I'm in the minority there . And I thought the G34 trigger was pretty bad.
Well, I guess you are some people. ;)

Triggers are very subjective. Different strokes for different folks. There a quite a few guys on here that abandoned the XD platform and switched to Glocks pretty much solely based on the triggers. Me being one of them.

And I did a lot of Glock bashing back in the day. Then I shot one....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts