Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:roll: I say Novice as I taught myself how to shoot reading, viewing clips and asking questions over the past year and half. I have a new Xd 40 cal and have put in alittle time to see how it differs from my Ruger and Tarus.
Below are three 3in targets shot at 10 to 15 yds.They are 1,2,3 from the bottom. Pics 2 & 3 are nearly identical and were shot a week apart . The bottom pic is three weeks apart from the top pic. Does it look to be grip, finger placement or sight picture problem ? I'm working to be a Bullseye Shooter.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Grip? I know when I was playing with my grip I noticed a notable difference in group placement. But I am by no means someone with enough experience to be giving advice.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
It could be a few things really. If you want to be a bullseye shooter I suggest that you get some lessons, or just get another shooter to go to the range with you. He will be able to observe your shooting and point out some things that you could be doing wrong.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I am by no means an expert...but I second having another shooter watch you. I have noticed though I tend to shoot left with my XD9 when I don'y have a tight enough grip with my left hand. A little extra pressure on the grip from my left hand and the shots move over where they should be.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I agree, get someone to go to the range with you. Aside from that, you can hit the center of the target as evidenced by the massive holes in the bullseye area, I think some of those off shots are what I like to call the "warm-up" period and the "getting too excited" periods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I will be finding a class in the next few months to get some one on one assistance.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ghost-Scout.
That reason those holes are so big is that my goal is to actually shoot out the entire stickey in less that 50 rounds at 15 yds.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ghost-Scout.
That reason those holes are so big is that my goal is to actually shoot out the entire stickey in less that 50 rounds at 15 yds.

practicing for the 'ol shoot the star out at the carnival are ya???? LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike Medic

I just be having fun. I shoot on my knees, one knee, leaning on the both walls face forward , with each shoulder , hand resting on the tray and what ever else the RO will allow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts