Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these sights? Anyone got a pic of their XD with them? I do not see much listed here about Novak's and don't see them in the XD "stores" either.

I am considering some night sights for both my SC and Service XD40's. Have my Missouri CCW and have been carrying regularly, think it's time for a little sight picture upgrade. Any pics or opinions appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
the novaks for sigs will fit the xd.

a while back someone posted a pic of them on their XD and they looked good.

he was also selling another pair that he had in the tradeing post.. do a search and you might be able to find the tread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone talk about Mepro vs Novak?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I have novaks on my Springfield TRP, and I hate them. From Novak's website, they make 2 different front sights - 1 a serated tritium sight, and another not serrated. It looks like the non-serrated one has a bright white circle around it - the serrated one I have is damn near impossible to see in the day time. Plus, I don't really like the silver ring around the rear sight tritium inserts. I hate these sights.

I am sending my slide off to them soon to get the new Novak fiber optic sights - I know it's a step back to get away from tritium sights, but I really hate these - I wish I could get meprolight sights - that is 1 thing I like so much about Kimber 1911s. Unfortunately, I can't get Meprolight sights for my TRP - they do not make them for an existing Novak cut on that gun.

If I were U, I'd jump on meprolight sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts