Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the 2 kinds of sights?

TFOs only come in Kimber stydle sights....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They're almost the same, but they're not. Just a few thousandths of an inch in certain places and you have a whole new cut. Novaks are by far more plentiful, but Kimber sells more 1911's than any one manufacturer on the planet. So Kimber decided to make their own exclusive cut, since they sell more 1911's than any other company.

The point about the TFO's. Great sights. I have them on all three of my 1911's, and will be getting some installed in my wife's XD too.

For the 1911, they currently only come in Kimber cut. You will have to make sure your gun is either A) a kimber or B) has a "Kimber Cut" on it. I had Springfield mill my SA GI slide to accept my Kimber cut TFOs. They did a superb job!!! I also bought a Fusion Kit from Bob Serva and had him leave the slide blank. (in the back, the front is just a standard dovetail cut) My gunsmith will mill a Kimber cut into it and fit TFO's on it.

Here's the update though, I called up Truglo a few months ago and they told me that they were releasing the TFO's for 1911's in Novak cut either late this year or early next year. So if you currently have only Novak cut, you might just want to hold off and buy the Novak TFO's that will be available soon enough. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx alot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts