Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just came back from the range today and the gun shop owner told me that for the month of Nov, more than $1,700,000 was spend nationwide on guns that had background checks done. This does not include any guns sold w/o checks.
It's a pretty awesome figure. I guess we are getting ready for the revolution!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Frankly, with all the craziness...I am surprised it wasn't a LOT more than that. Also, I'd love to know the number for FTF, Gun Show and other transactions for which no paperwork was required under state/federal law (not that there is much of any way to calculate that with any real certainty). I am sure that was HUGE amount as well!!! Not to mention the figures for parts, accessories, magazines, ammunition!!! I think that the "sportsmen" of America have single-handedly done more to improve the economy in the last 30 days than any billion+ dollar bailouts!!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I was thinking it was low too. Well I did my part and bought 2 new ones and will pick up a new XD 40 in a couple of weeks. Gotta help the economy as best as I can.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If anyone is going to get this county out of a recession, it will be all of us gun nuts that are whoring anything hi-cap, bullets, primers, and brass. It's absolutely crazy here in Az. I'll walk into a large sporting goods store and most of their ammo is gone, not to mention handguns and all of the good .3O cal bullets are sold too.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
handgun prices have gone up approximately 100 dollars here in our cabela's (central SD).

the XD9 SC i wanted was 439, it's now 529.

absuuuuuurdnezz... but i guess people are paying for them... they haven't gone down. maybe after the holidays?

·
Registered
948 Posts
well its not a time to buy let the dust settle then we may find alot of good deals on guns,pmags,ar's,ect. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
T.J did that much himself, no seriously that is way low and him pulling a figure out of his ass. If you had been to a gun show lately you would know that is wrong. The average handgun is over 450.00 and AR's and Ak's are like a grand or more each if not higher. I know the day after the election a shop in my area sold 21 AR's. In one day that is over 25 thousand dollars, just in one day and they are not the cheap shop in town.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My only hope is that Obama gets the message. He had a little press blurb telling people not to panic and stock up on guns. Well, when we're reassured that no one is going to try to step in between us I'm sure everyone will calm down just a little.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey folks maybe the figure is too low but it's what I heard. "One million 700 thousand!" Maybe he was "recooperating" after all the money he made and stated in error. Maybe he made $1.7 and didn't want to say.
I even asked if it was for the entire month and if it was nationally because I though it might have been just for TG weekend. Here in SC the state eliminated sales tax on gun purchased the 2 days after TG. Maybe his source mistated the amount or time frame but I won't care if I can save some $ on my next purchase. In any case we know that we are getting strong for the coming "revolution".

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Folks I think I know why there is a confusion. It probably was the amount of guns sold and not the dollar amount that the owner was refering to. He was not giving me his undivided attention so that may have been the problem. Sorry for the misinformation folks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
thankfully i'm very happy with my meager selection of hand guns atm.. i do want to add another high caliber rifle like the remmy 700 i was gonna buy till i sunk the cash in on my AR.

my next purchase dilema, i was at Carters Country the other day, and couldnt decide between a S&W 686 .357 revolver (i REALLY liked it) the M29 .44 magnum (which they would have to order, or a 5 inch SA GI Milspec in stainless or a SIG 226.. but the sig presents another dilema.. really want a DAK model next.. sigh.. i need 3 more jobs lol.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts