Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After shooting 50 rounds of BB 230 g FMJ and 40 rounds of 230 g LRN I noticed some marks in my barrel that looked like scratches. Is this from the lead bullets leaving lead behind or is this a normal "break in" type thing with a new gun?

Should the barrels have a completely shiny finish to it after a good cleaning?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is normal can it be cleaned out with solvents and brushes or is it unable to be removed.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
It's normal to have that kind of wear. If you notice any residue, usually at the shoulder of the grooves, that can be a pain to get out, and if you're using dirty ammo can build up over time. Blue Wonder and some other cleaners out there do a good job of removing the hard-to-clean crap, but it's a once-in-a-while job, not something you need to do for regular maintenance. But don't worry about the scratches. It's normal as the previous two posters stated, and unavoidable.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
i noticed the same thing when i cleaned my gun for the first time, and after only 80 rounds. over my next 220 i haven't noticed any significant problem. dont worry about it, just make sure you do a thorough cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts