Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
That gun looks to be in great shape, congrats.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.
On my other XDs the first place I noticed wear was the bluing on the grip safety. The next place was the smileys on the barrel. This used gun had neither. This was actually the shop owner's gun. He and I have been friends for years and he's going through a divorce. I actually snagged a few from him this week but he don't want me posting pics of those :)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on a great find....:)

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Thanks.
On my other XDs the first place I noticed wear was the bluing on the grip safety. The next place was the smileys on the barrel. This used gun had neither.

You should see the wear on the barrel of my XD9. its the worst I ever seen a pistol get, but it shoots great. I even have one of them never wears out painted on finishes that has holster wear down to the metal. thats the second finish that gun has had worn off from it.

Use it till its worn out, I keep trying but all I do is wear the finishes off lol..........

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Wow! Congrats! Iv'e got the same one. Good looking pistol. And some great pics you took of it too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like I need to start hanging out in pawn shops... I've actually never even set foot in one

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pawn shops are an interesting thing. If you start frequenting a few and get to know them by name, you can develop a relationship and get some really good deals. I have a few that I stop at regularly. I can usually trade for what I want as long as the two items are close in value. Sometimes I win, sometimes they win. If you just walk in off the street with a gun to trade though they will low ball you to the point of insult. It's all about the relationship.

For this gun I lost a little money-wise but gained a gun I will use. I HATED the gun I traded them so we both left happy. (Well, they didn't technically leave, you know it being their shop and everything)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nice! I'm a swapper for the most part; except for my XDm 3.8 40 c which my friendly neighborhood pawnbroker sold me at his cost.

I'm even considering trading/selling a Colt Defender to increase my collection of XDs or maybe an FNX.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I'm a swapper for the most part; except for my XDm 3.8 40 c which my friendly neighborhood pawnbroker sold me at his cost.

I'm even considering trading/selling a Colt Defender to increase my collection of XDs or maybe an FNX.
I enjoy it as well. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Just this week I did some swapping and somehow turned a G33 into a Kahr MK9.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice find. I too use my friendly neighbourhood pawnshop. I am eyeing a 5" Tac XD40 but low in funds. Never thought about a trade, hmmmn low in cash so this is an idea.

I have aspirations for using this IDPA and shot my 1st event with an XD40sc last month hehe

For reference, what did you have to trade for this?

Thanks

1st official post - prelurker lol :oops: your post encouraged me :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
What was it?
i'm a little curious, too.

also, have you had a chance to shoot your new pistol yet? i am in the market for a new one and a buddy of mine has an XD and he loves his. i currently have a Llama IX-A .45 (i know, i know.... but i am one of the lucky guys b/c mine is actually a great and reliable shooter that i have had for over 10 years) but i am considering either a .40 or a 9mm. i have shot several 9mm but never a .40. i like the cost/shot of the 9mm but prefer the take-down size of the .40 round.

congrats on the new weapon.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have put about 300 rounds through it. It shoots like a 9mm to me. Very accurate, reliable thus far. I highly recommend it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts