Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I think it would make a good gag gift. The obvious contradiction of a badge being visible and reading "concealed" makes me wonder how stuff like this ever gets off the company's drawing board. This setup would be like a narcotics officer walking around with a badge on his belt that says "undercover".

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Nothing else says "impersonation" any better. You don't have to SAY you're a LEO to be charged with impersonating one.

Who you gonna flash this at? A BG will simply die laughing, so I guess it'd be good for that, but people, "concealed" means CONCEALED. Showingd it to a responding LEO will still get you disarmed and possibly put on the ground. Those things carry about as much weight as they weigh. One of the more STUPID CWP ideas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's a local gun shop that sells "concealed carry badges." Just the sight of them makes one laugh. The State of Indiana issued me a pink piece of paper that I have laminated in my wallet allowing me to carry concealed. I don't need a badge that gives it away. If I want people to know I'm carrying I'll carry open.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I would never buy or own one, or use it if someone gifted it to me.

However keep in mind as long as its legal who cares. Remember there are people out there that think you are a bumbling idiot for carrying a gun, let alone owning one.

To each their own. Stuid, yep. If it makes someone hapy then so be it......

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I generally disagree with these badges, but my CCW instructor did have a decent argument for them.

The OP's holster badge though wouldn't apply.

Imagine this......

You are in a confrontation with a BG in a public place. You are holding him @ gun point and have called 911. Before you hear the sirens, you pull out your CCW badge.....when the rookie cop shows up he sees you have a gun on the BG and a badge pointed @ the cop. He thinks twice about drawing down on you and pulling the trigger. Rather than rolling up on a guy with a gun pointed @ someone.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the badges nor do I have one, but I can see the above argument.

I think the badges are silly, I will stick with my rapid deployment CCW sash.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
I generally disagree with these badges, but my CCW instructor did have a decent argument for them.

The OP's holster badge though wouldn't apply.

Imagine this......

You are in a confrontation with a BG in a public place. You are holding him @ gun point and have called 911. Before you hear the sirens, you pull out your CCW badge.....when the rookie cop shows up he sees you have a gun on the BG and a badge pointed @ the cop. He thinks twice about drawing down on you and pulling the trigger. Rather than rolling up on a guy with a gun pointed @ someone.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the badges nor do I have one, but I can see the above argument.

I think the badges are silly, I will stick with my rapid deployment CCW sash.....

The badge like a great way to get charged with impersonation of a police officer. The sash? You really think you will have some extra time to deploy your sash?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
The badge like a great way to get charged with impersonation of a police officer. The sash? You really think you will have some extra time to deploy your sash?
I really hope no one thinks I actually own a CCW sash........

·
Registered
342 Posts

Do they come in blaze orange !!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts