Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, maybe it sorta is.

I know it's a good idea to run different types of ammo through the gun as it's being "broken in," but does the quality matter? Is it OK if the first few hundred rounds are WWB from Wal-Mart or something similar?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Quality is subjective. Wolf, Remington, Winchester, PMC, Geco, South African Surplus......doesn't really matter as long as it feeds and goes bang.
Only thing that had to "break in" was my magazine springs. I would say my XD's were good to go from day one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I said quality, it should be noted that I will only be putting factory ammo through it for awhile, I just meant the quality between cheaper WWB at Wal-Mart vs something more high end.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
As long as you're running name brand ammo through your new gun, you should be OK. I'd stay away from reloads that I didn't know their background pretty well.

Of course, I'd do that anyway.

Walmart WWB or anything similar should be great ammo anytime, not only for break in.

If you don't feel good about it or have the slightest question about it - just say "NO"

:wink:

bd

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wallmart WWB is good practice ammo. yes there are better rounds out there but not for the money. I have shot alot of WWB over the years when i could not shoot my own handloads. for the money there is not a better ammo out there

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Before I head to the range, I stop by WalMart for some WWB. That was the first 200 rounds through my XD... and it's calling for more.

·
Registered
354 Posts
mmmmmmm.... WWB, my XD loves the stuff, my pocketbook also loves it!

15.97 at Wally World(100 rds) 13.93 at my range(50 rds) GAG!! Wally world is a must for me!

·
Registered
539 Posts
hobocircus said:
Quality is subjective. Wolf, Remington, Winchester, PMC, Geco, South African Surplus......doesn't really matter as long as it feeds and goes bang.
Only thing that had to "break in" was my magazine springs. I would say my XD's were good to go from day one.
I'd agree, i don't think it matters what brand factory ammo u run. I probably would stick to factory jacketed ammo myself. But i've used almost nothing but wwb and never had any problems.

My mags took a little breaking in to get in the 10th round a little easier.

As for the xd... i have to agree with hobocircus... my xd ran great rite out of the box. Can't say the same about the shooter though... lol.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I think the WWB from Wal-Mart is a good quality ammunition. It is winchester after all, a name brand, and they're certainly not new in the gun arena. At $11 for 100 rounds of 115gr FMJ practice ammo, that's all I usually buy for my XD-9 subbie when I go to the range. I don't think you can beat Wal-Mart's prices on the WWB ammo. It's all my XD eats. and it's easy on my wallet. (Lord knows I need the practice!).. I've fed my XD WWB, CCI Blazer Brass, and Remingtob UMC, all 115gr, and all from Wal-Mart. Why wouldn't you buy ammo from Wal-Mart if the price is right?

As far as breaking in the magazine springs, mine were a bit tight at first, barely getting the last round to get in there. But, after about 2 more reloads of the magazines, they're much easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts