Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting reading for work I noticed that my web safety on my service XD 40 was just free floating around like he was on vacation. At that time I figured that the spring either just broke or slipped in some way. Once I got home I gathered my gun bag and began to take apart my gun and what do ya know on top of the web safety being broke I could not get the slide off to even fix it. I looked at several threads about these issues but none of them went hand in hand. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. FYI a have Done Guide Rod installed as well.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
You should be able to go in the grip (web?) safety slot with a small screwdriver or pick and rotate the top portion of the safety to disassemble the pistol. If not there, try between the slide and top of grip at the back of the slide. You should be able to see where the top of the safety catches under the sear. If it is just a real smal piece of the safety loose and jamed at the top, press/drive out the grip safety pivot pin and pick the piece out. The spring catches in a small detent ring on the pin so it may take a good push or hammer tap on the punch to jump the spring out of the detent. Look at the parts diagram in the manual to see how these fit together. Contact SA for a new safety and spring.

Forgot to note that if there is a round in the chamber, be real careful of direction gun is pointed before you do anything with or around the sear. May be best to just drive out the pin.

·
Registered
827 Posts
First drop your magazine and rack slide to clear ALL ammo first.

If all else fails, give Scott a call at Springer Precision. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to help. 541-480-5546

Stay Safe.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Pics?

Use a punch to remove the grip safety.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay so after talking to several gunsmiths here in AZ including Dunbar and a rep from Springer no one could figure it out. Even speaking with a Springfield rep he had no idea with no solution so its been boxed up and sent off to Springfield today. Lets hope I get the pistol back with my night sights and Don's guide rod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts