Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to pick up a Glock 26 from the local gun shop and things didn't seem right. I tried to be nice and give someone local some business and so the guy ordered one for me on Tuesday and it came in today. I went to the counter and filled out my paper work. He had the gun laying in the case so I picked it up and when I flipped it over there was quite the scratch on the slide.

He thought he could just buff it out but there was some serious damage to the finish. Seems to me that he had to know that the marks/scratches were there since it was plain as day. Plus it looked like there were filings in the grease on the barrel when I pulled the slide back. However, he didn't seem all that displeased that his supplier sent him a "new" glock in that kind of condition. Needless to say I rejected the gun and promptly went down the road and got one at a bigger dealer for the same price but with steal sights instead of plastic.

Just disappointed that I tried to support a small local gun shop and got that kind of treatment. At least I got myself and nice Don Hume IWB holster and a new looking new Glock 26. I tried the Pearce grip extension but apparently the floor plate on the 26 mag is not going to work in it and the one they packaged with the pearce said it was only for 27/33 model glocks. It fits on there okay and holds 12 rounds now but it just doesn't seem right. Not sure that I'll stick with it even though I can get all 3 fingers on the grip nicely and it doesn't make it that much bigger.

We'll see how she shoots tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That sucks. I guess i am pretty lucky, the locale gun store that i go to seems to bend over backward to get you business. They always have great prices and treat you with respect, if you have a problem they will handle it. Its too bad they treated you like that. Makes me wonder how many people just would have taken the gun without saying anything about the scratch. At least in the end everything worked out for you. If they keep treating people like that, I have a feeling that they wont be around for much longer.

Congrats on your new purchase.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The filings in the packing grease on the barrel, I can understand. But I certainly dont blame you for rejecting the pistol if the finish was as bad as you say it was. Melonite/Tenifer is a hardcore steel finish and it takes some serious abuse to damage it. If I saw a "new" pistol that had that kind of damage, I would do the same and reject it, no telling what that pistol has been through on the way from the factory to the buyer.

I agree, I like to buy my guns from the local stores when I can. But unfortunatly, the guys that run the little "mom an pop" gun shops can be just as sneaky as anyone. Just like I wouldnt put it past someone to try and sell a damaged stereo or TV for full price, I wouldnt put it past a gun salesman to try and sell a "new" gun for full price.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Went to pick up a Glock 26 from the local gun shop and things didn't seem right. I tried to be nice and give someone local some business and so the guy ordered one for me on Tuesday and it came in today. I went to the counter and filled out my paper work. He had the gun laying in the case so I picked it up and when I flipped it over there was quite the scratch on the slide.

He thought he could just buff it out but there was some serious damage to the finish. Seems to me that he had to know that the marks/scratches were there since it was plain as day. Plus it looked like there were filings in the grease on the barrel when I pulled the slide back. However, he didn't seem all that displeased that his supplier sent him a "new" glock in that kind of condition. Needless to say I rejected the gun and promptly went down the road and got one at a bigger dealer for the same price but with steal sights instead of plastic.

Just disappointed that I tried to support a small local gun shop and got that kind of treatment. At least I got myself and nice Don Hume IWB holster and a new looking new Glock 26. I tried the Pearce grip extension but apparently the floor plate on the 26 mag is not going to work in it and the one they packaged with the pearce said it was only for 27/33 model glocks. It fits on there okay and holds 12 rounds now but it just doesn't seem right. Not sure that I'll stick with it even though I can get all 3 fingers on the grip nicely and it doesn't make it that much bigger.

We'll see how she shoots tomorrow.
I had a Glock 26 for 12 years. I was so happy to trade it away - finally. I couldn't shoot it well. Pierce makes the same extension for the mags for the 26 or 27. That shouldn't be an issue. Shoot and see what you think / how you do.

Chapie+

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Glock 26 for 12 years. I was so happy to trade it away - finally. I couldn't shoot it well. Pierce makes the same extension for the mags for the 26 or 27. That shouldn't be an issue. Shoot and see what you think / how you do.

Chapie+
Can't say you didn't give it a try if you hung on to it for 12yrs! I'll admit the G26 doesn't exactly fit my hand the greatest but then again none of the guns near that size range are going to fit all that well (not to mention I've got pretty good sized paws). However, I feel that with plenty of practice and handling I would adjust to a grip that feels natural and works well.

I can easily load 12 into the mag with the grip extension however the gun seems to work smoother with respect to taking the mag when there's 11 rounds loaded instead of 12. I'll certainly have to give it quite a bit of practice before giving it my seal of approval. A lot of things need to be broken in right now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sorry to hear that dealer didn't work out for you with the Glock. I usually try to keep my business local, even if it's a little more expensive than on the 'net or at a big local 'chain' store.

I bought my XD at a local mom and pop dealer, tho they do have a large inventory. Could not have had a better experience.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
That sucks about your experience but you've got a great gun.

I too like to use a small shop but I think they might have lost their FFL. I have to check on them. They are a decent shop that I can go into and talk to the guy about guns and just chew the cud. All the bigger places are very impersonal and overpriced.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am sorry that happened to you. Normally you would have been notified right away and would have gotten a big apology. The firearm would have been returned for one in better shape.

That sucks about your experience but you've got a great gun.

I too like to use a small shop but I think they might have lost their FFL. I have to check on them. They are a decent shop that I can go into and talk to the guy about guns and just chew the cud. All the bigger places are very impersonal and overpriced.
If it is the one I am thinking of on 46 right on the border of Washington and Hackettstown I can assure you they do. They lost the FFL because the previous owner passed away. They got it back a few months later. Have had it for a few years now.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
If it is the one I am thinking of on 46 right on the border of Washington and Hackettstown I can assure you they do. They lost the FFL because the previous owner passed away. They got it back a few months later. Have had it for a few years now.
I'm referring to Auto Parts of Woodbridge in Woodbridge. They ran into trouble... well you can look it up online.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That is sad... very sad
With service like that they need to have people shop bigger places... Then once their business is down they will blame it on anything but what they did ......or didn't do

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Just disappointed that I tried to support a small local gun shop and got that kind of treatment
Probably why they are and will remain a small shop.

I know how disappointing it is to find a gun you ordered in has a problem right out of the box. NIB and he'll "buff it out?" No thanks! If customer service was a priority in that shop you would have received a sincere apology and a replacement ordered.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I'm referring to Auto Parts of Woodbridge in Woodbridge. They ran into trouble... well you can look it up online.
Woodbridge? Daaamn! Haven't heard that name in years since I fled NJ. lol Spent lots of time at the mall there and the Monmouth Mall. I grew up in Hazlet and my wife and I lived in Roselle Park, she's from Bayonne before we bailed and moved to TX.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Woodbridge? Daaamn! Haven't heard that name in years since I fled NJ. lol Spent lots of time at the mall there and the Monmouth Mall. I grew up in Hazlet and my wife and I lived in Roselle Park, she's from Bayonne before we bailed and moved to TX.
If you grew up in Hazlet, me and you can relate to many things since I live in Keyport. We are heading to Georgia in a year or so though.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
How is old Keyport doing? Is the Chowder Pot still there? Used to love eating at that place when I was a kid. There was also a good sub shop, Mike's down by the pier, not sure if that's still there. Good move on heading to Georgia!

Haven't been back there in 7 years and don't have any plans on moving back. Only thing I miss about Jersey is the food, there were some great places to eat. Miss the people in a way too, the brunt honesty of people there is much different from Texas. Texan's are nice and all but they just don't get our style of humor from up there. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Auto Parts of Woodbridge did loose their FFL, I picked up a Remington 1100 and a Yugo SKS for good prices during their Fire sale. Last time I drove by, they had a sign saying "Pro Bike Shop coming soon" or something like that.. I guess "Rob's Buddy" with a valid FFL isn't renting out the upstairs. That kinda double sucks. I would go back even though the son's did fck it up.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
How is old Keyport doing? Is the Chowder Pot still there? Used to love eating at that place when I was a kid. There was also a good sub shop, Mike's down by the pier, not sure if that's still there. Good move on heading to Georgia!

Haven't been back there in 7 years and don't have any plans on moving back. Only thing I miss about Jersey is the food, there were some great places to eat. Miss the people in a way too, the brunt honesty of people there is much different from Texas. Texan's are nice and all but they just don't get our style of humor from up there. :)
Mike's Subs is still there by the post office and I still go there for ham and cheeses. I prefer the food from Baltimore over the food from NJ. I should fit in well in ATL, GA.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Auto Parts of Woodbridge did loose their FFL, I picked up a Remington 1100 and a Yugo SKS for good prices during their Fire sale. Last time I drove by, they had a sign saying "Pro Bike Shop coming soon" or something like that.. I guess "Rob's Buddy" with a valid FFL isn't renting out the upstairs. That kinda double sucks. I would go back even though the son's did fck it up.
Damn that sucks. I wish I would have known about the fire sale, didnt have any money but I would have found a way to pick some stuff up.

Rob messed up but it was cool guy. Didnt care for Lars though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just happened to be in Woodbridge the day before my cruise, and I decided to just go "look".. I really didn't wanna use my vacation money, so Joe talked me into putting on plastic for the same price. LOL.

I like both Rob and Lars, never treated me bad. Even when I bought the SKS, the old man told me that even though they weren't going to be selling guns anymore, if I had any problems to bring it back and they would get it fixed somehow for me.

It's really bad to loose that kind of customer service.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
as a note
xds dont come with scratches LOL
im just messing with you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts