Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as to not offend anyone i have erased the whole damm message of either a possible troller, or spamer, or whatever.

if you dont like what i did now screw you

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snake-eater 1 said:
I think this was some sort of SPAM or virus mailing, as I received the exact same mesaage, twice! Anyone else?

HMMMMMMM.

Interesting..

Very Interesting..........

I could be wrong then, That would only be my 9487632 time this year of being wrong.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I got the email as well.
Hmmmmm.....
I hope my responding won't cause me some sort of trouble.
I told the guy that it has a lifetime warranty and to contact Springfield to square it away.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
again, S.Y.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Yup, that's the one! I shoulda told the guy I'd take care of it for him! :wink:
If this is legit, I don't know why the guy he bought it from didn't let him in on the warranty thing.

I don't get people at times. I have a friend who bought a Kahr that does not cycle properly (even though it is more due to his limp wristing than anything...but that is another post!) and he refuses to send it back to let them fix it. I suppose he'd rather just stay pissed at Kahr and hold on to a gun he can't carry because it is does not work properly for him.
USE THE WARRANTY IF IT EXISTS!!! ...geesh...

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Why would one guy email a bunch of folks when they could just sign up and post to the masses...and what criteria did they use to select those to mail to?
May not be spam, but is suspicious.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yea, it looks like he is in UTAH, he lives in one of the orange shaded areas. His email is usdtv and that is one of 3 places in the country service gets reception.

His phone number is 801-814-1970

I think he lives in Ogden, UT and his phone is registered with t-mobile. There are four people in Utah with that name.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I got it too, responded for him to contact Springfield. I also asked where he lived as that is my first cousins name. He wrote back with his entire address in Utah. Seems innocent enough. Maybe he'd rather get info privately and see if everybody has similar answers instead of a public posting. Of those of us who have responded to this posting it looks as though he contacted longtime and high posting number members.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You da man Waldo!!! I did look him up on google and found he was in Utah, but I did not go to the extreme you did. Nice job.

TomSwift, I am jealous, he has not responded back to me. :(

Well, if he is legit, then my apologies to him for crying foul.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts