Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really getting frustrated when I discovered that the magazine release button was really hard to press (had to use two thumbs) on my XD Service 9mm. I was contemplating getting a larger one, but never got around to it.

One day I was organizing my accessories when it dawned on me. I slipped the original magazine, fully loaded into my gun(the stainless OEM magazine) and locked it into place. To make a long story short (too late), the button was no longer a pain to press!

So, obviously the problem was the aftermarket magazine that I was using. So, if any of you are contemplating a Pro Mag magazine, I strongly advise you buy another original instead.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was really getting frustrated when I discovered that the magazine release button was really hard to press (had to use two thumbs) on my XD Service 9mm. I was contemplating getting a larger one, but never got around to it.

One day I was organizing my accessories when it dawned on me. I slipped the original magazine, fully loaded into my gun(the stainless OEM magazine) and locked it into place. To make a long story short (too late), the button was no longer a pain to press!

So, obviously the problem was the aftermarket magazine that I was using. So, if any of you are contemplating a Pro Mag magazine, I strongly advise you buy another original instead.
I have had nothing but issues with every mag but the 20rd mag they make.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger... Hardly anyone has anything good to say about ProMag's pistol mags. I'm kinda surprised that nobody warned you off before you bought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts