Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Dick's today which was Galyans a month ago. They had Winchester White Box for $12.99 for 100 rounds. Then on the bottom self was some blue boxes of 9mm for $4.97 for 50 rounds. Turns out to be Geco brand by Dynamil Nobel from Germany. 124 grain bullet, full metal jacket. I've seen .22 rounds by this company, but anyone try the 9mm stuff?
Gonna try to get out to the desert on tuesday and try it out. If it works, I'll get some more. It isn't $3.86 for 50 like the Academy Blazers, but it's close. Not sure if Berdan Primed or Boxer, but I will have to bust a cap to find out. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
176 Posts
lol, not that i have to suggest it, but report back and let us know. maybe we'll all be surprised by some superb ammo....

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will :eek:

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Our Wal Marts sell the 100rd Winny White Box stuff for about 9.95 a box.

I have shot that Geco ammunition and yes, its good stuff. It is loaded a little hotter, so expect a little snappier recoil and your groups may print differently than the 115gr Winny ammo. I use the 124gr Geco ammo for my WWI German P-08 Luger. The Luger likes a hotter load and I never experience any jams at all, using the Geco ammo in the Pistole Parabellum. It is closer to the original 9mm load that the Luger was designed for.

Still, Dynamit-Nobel makes arms and ammunition of the highest quality. I own a 1936 Geco single shot target 22lr rifle and it is unbelievably accurate and very well made. I can bounce empty 12 gauge hulls around at 50yds with open sights with alarming regularity.

You're lucky that you have a good source for the 124gr Geco ammo...I have to really shake the bushes around here to find it, but when I do, I usually buy as much of it as they'll sell me. I have lots of it now, but save it for the Luger.

-Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from shooting, the Geco was the best! I am going to get some more on friday. Didn't really feel different to shoot, but it was very accurate and $4.97 for 50 is super. :D
I took some pics and will start a new thread on it. I will title the thread XD Ported, Nevada Desert (pics)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I told you that was great stuff. My Luger really likes it. So does my Hi-Power.

Geco is part of a German conglomerate of RWS, Dynamit-Nobel and Gustav Genschow. Their rifle ammo is first rate. I have shot several deer with their 8x57mm load - it puts the 8mm into the 30-06 power class, unlike the US made 8mm that is more in the 303 British or 30-40 Krag power class.

You ought to see their rifles. My Gustav Genschow 22 target rifle is the most finely crafted 22 I have ever seen. Deadly accurate, too.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
27 Posts
fyi guys.... natchezss.com has them in stock for $ 5.69/ box of 50 :roll: hope this helps. happy ammo hunting :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dynamil or Dynamit? I put into search and both come up.

Probably the most accurate factory pistol ammo I have ever shot. I still like and use Wolf ammo, but Geco puts it to shame. Kind of like the Mercedes Benz of the ammo world.
I have a feeling the Russian stuff is put together within safety specifications, but the powder is probably put in the cases with a teaspoon. :shock:

The cases are boxer primed so they can be reloaded here in the US. This Geco ammo is a "sleeper" and for $4.97 for 50 a excellent value for the money. Thanks for the info Brickman! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
supremo
fyi guys.... natchezss.com has them in stock for $ 5.69/ box of 50 hope this helps. happy ammo hunting
Ha ha ha! I can get em for $4.97......now since I don't have Academy around, I can have the last laugh. :lol:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I need to head to Dicks, I just bought 200 rounds of Gecko today for 5.99 ea :cry:

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Actually, the best 9mm ammo I have ever shot is a toss-up between Lapua form Finland and Hirtengerger from Austria.

Yes, its RWS/Dynamit-Nobel/GECO. Geco is an abbreviation of Gustav Genschow. They used to make very high quality 22 rifles and airguns in a factory in Berlin, but now only make ammunition. I have also shot their 22 rimfire ammo and it too was very good stuff, but pricey.

Yes, its the Mercedes Benz of ammunition...along with Lapua, Hirtenberger and Norma or Sweden.

-Brickboy240

1 - 11 of 11 Posts