Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here use Nosler brand bullets?

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Yes, when the bulk packs are on sale. Great bullets from a great company. I bought some .40 S&W 150 gr. and there were some imperfections with the skives. Not a big deal but Nosler replaced them all.;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Nosler is all I use for Deer Hunting with a 270. 300 Win and 243 Win in my rifle and I load 185 gr .45 ACP, Why do you ask?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wondering...thats where I work:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I love the partition rifle bullets and have used them for 30 years or more. They are deadly 1 shot kill bullets. Just recently bought 1000 bulk pack 185 gr .45 ACP HP for target and hunting. Love them all. I have my son shooting the 300 Win in 180 gr protected point partitions. I load 38/357 Cal pistol loads also. They are very accurate and deadly. You have a great job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been a user of Nosler products for better part of 30 yrs's. Best & most reliable hunting bullet made for anything in North America. Shot the std solid bases before the ballisitic tip, shot literally 1000's of BT's on every thing from pd's to coyotes and whitetail deer. The Partition is the gold std for big game.

However I noted that when Nosler went to from 100ct to 50ct boxes in 90% of rifle calibers, the pricing structure did not reflect the decrease in bullet count proportionatly. But the box got really purty. This began to occur in the mid 90's and I saw it coming. Needless to say I am still shooting my stash of red label Nosler ballisitic tips.

Unfortunatly, the metals market, the slick marketing strategy has all but priced me out of buying Noslers (first run Noslers that is, visit Shooters Pro Shop to see what I mean). For shooting prairie dogs, Vmaxes and Nosler Aussie overuns when available. For high pwer and F-Class, its either Amaxes or Cauterucios. Amaxes for price and good quality in the short to mid range matches. For long range, I use custom made one at a time, by a little old guy in the San Fran area for the same price as a Nosler or Berger for that matter.

However is a Great Ameican Company, with great products and customer service. Just wish they offered their great bullets at a more reasonable price.

Rod in Fargo

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats why I love the employee discount:D

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
All I rifle hunt w/ are Nosler Partitions where allowed or if they are available in my caliber. You guys need to make a 380-400gr partitions for the 404jeff, then I would be covered for everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts