Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am not really all that new to the XD talk forum I thought I would post a short hello to any members in North Carolina. Ill be moving there in early 2010, after my year assignment to Korea is over. I'm looking for places to shoot, both pistol and rifle. Right now I only have my 2 rimfire rifles, however I will have finished my 300+ yrd Benchrest rifle. I've checked some of the online places for where to shoot. Seems the cost of the ranges out there is SUPER expensive.. So hopefully a few of the members here can direct me where to go..contact info etc.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
I'm not from NC, but welcome.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm guessing you will be heading to Seymour Johnson???? There are lots of places around to shoot when you get here they are pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not from NC, but welcome.
Thanks slugger6

I'm guessing you will be heading to Seymour Johnson???? There are lots of places around to shoot when you get here they are pretty easy to find.
You're right, that is where I will be stationed. Not too terribly thrilled to have to learn to maintain yet ANOTHER airframe. I've gotten pretty spoiled with the F-22 the last few months! Thanks for the heads up, I haven't yet called the outdoor recreation at SJ, but I am pretty sure they will have a list of the local ranges. I also have some questions to ask the FFL dealer they have on the base as well!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome from NC!!!
I live North of Grensboro and I have a sugestion.
Hit the woods! Find a empty farm field and letter loose. Who has time for uptight, expesive ranges. Get out of the city limits and 100yds away from any road or dwelling, find a safe direction to shoot, and have a blast!:lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from NC!!!
I live North of Grensboro and I have a sugestion.
Hit the woods! Find a empty farm field and letter loose. Who has time for uptight, expesive ranges. Get out of the city limits and 100yds away from any road or dwelling, find a safe direction to shoot, and have a blast!:lol:
I'll thank you for the welcome, as for the rest... I prefer KNOWING EXACTLY where my bullets are hitting at the end of their journey.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'll thank you for the welcome, as for the rest... I prefer KNOWING EXACTLY where my bullets are hitting at the end of their journey.
Don't blame you at all!!! Hope you're not a fighter pilot though.:roll:
Most of my bullets hit a big dirt hill ( like those big expensive gun ranges!) As for the rest, FEMA should issue helmets. Duh, we dont know nothin bout no gun safety round these parts. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Hello, and welcome from Nashville

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
When you get here....look me up and I will help ya find a house! I am in the Ft. Bragg area...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used to live in Asheboro, we used to hit the country out by the Farmer area, my bud had some land out there. There was a range out by Ft Bragg we went to once, I can't remember the name, but I think it was on Bragg BLVD in Fayettville. It was a nice place, class 3 rentals and sales. Jim's gun jobbery Maybe?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from VA

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I used to live in Asheboro, we used to hit the country out by the Farmer area, my bud had some land out there. There was a range out by Ft Bragg we went to once, I can't remember the name, but I think it was on Bragg BLVD in Fayettville. It was a nice place, class 3 rentals and sales. Jim's gun jobbery Maybe?

We have Jim's in Fayetteville on Yadkin which is near Bragg Blvd and Gun's Plus in Spring Lake (my favorite choice).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Western NC and Western Michigan.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't blame you at all!!! Hope you're not a fighter pilot though.:roll:
Most of my bullets hit a big dirt hill ( like those big expensive gun ranges!) As for the rest, FEMA should issue helmets. Duh, we dont know nothin bout no gun safety round these parts. ;)

Figther Pilot???? As the saying goes "It takes a College education to break them and a High School education to fix them". They also actually taught chimps to fly, never could get them to figure out how to repair the planes.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Here's an early welcome to North Carolina! PM me and I'll send you links to options in the central NC area.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts