Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im thinning the herd and was wondering what the current value of a norinco type 56 is going for. With Christmas right around the corner its more of a must than a want. Ive checked out auction sites but none are available. Its a norinco aks with a folding bayonet. Very good condition with an original chinese mag. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
i dont know enough to say, but i know they will want pics and any mods or accessories so add those to the mix, so the experts can give you a good price the first time they check this thread.

picture says a thousand words.

since WARS are apparently $600 now, i would assume a nice minty pre ban norinco with banyonet would have to be atleast 100-200 more.

but i really know very little, so little i dont know exactly what a 56 norinco is from the many other norinco units.

you can get $700-750 though i would bet on it. Could be $1100 though also ... the experts will chime in.

·
Registered
948 Posts
a clean one sells between 325-400.00 in texas up from 250.00 good luck!!!:cool:

·
Registered
948 Posts
OOPS!!I WAS THINKING OF A SKS SORRY!! I DUNNO ON THE AK I'M IN TEMPLE,TEXAS .GOOD LUCK:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Hey guys,

Im thinning the herd and was wondering what the current value of a norinco type 56 is going for. With Christmas right around the corner its more of a must than a want. Ive checked out auction sites but none are available. Its a norinco aks with a folding bayonet. Very good condition with an original chinese mag. Any help would be appreciated.
5-700...they aren't very rare. the 56-1, 56-2 and 56C are the serious collector guns. The standard type 56 became the MAK-90 and MAK-91..

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I would think SERIOUSLY about keeping that one. They have not imported any Chinese AKs since 94 and its very likely we may never see any Chinese AKs or SKSs brought into the USA and it will only go up in value.

If Obama IS successful (and I have my doubts...but anything is possible!) on a ban, it will most likely be permanent and could easily double (or more) the value of that rifle.

Just a few things to consider in this land of sliding home and stock market values. If you have a "sure thing" in the investment world....ditching it right now fo some temporary relief may not be the smartest move.

Sell something less rare, if you really need money....you might regret getting rid of that 6 months to a year from now.

...just a sugestion.

- brickboy240

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
what are the other contenders to thin out?

anything less likely to be banned you could sell now, then rebuy another unit in a year or two when you have more money,and hopefully are more flush with cash. A shotty, a bolt gun, single stack handgun etc.

any thing that would likely be banned as mentioned by BB would be low on my list, unless it mean totally ruining a little kids christmas or missing mortgage payment or car payment etc. You gotta do what you gotta do.
but i would sell a bolt gun, black powder, shotty, or single stack first.

hell i would sell my compound bow, trailer, some tools, any number of things before a ak, sks, fal, ar15/ar10 , hk g3/91 etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The other contender is a norinco 84s-1. Folder with four mags in excellent condition. I have decided to keep it. It fits me better and has less kick on these old shoulders. I paid $500 for the norinco 56 in 89'. So I guess the concensus around here would be $750 to $800. Would anyone be able to post a picture for me?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts